Moving to Qatar..Need some help...

Discussion in 'Indians in Qatar' started by sobharam, May 10, 2011.

1. sobharam

sobharam New IL'ite

Hi i am planning to move toqatar in June .So i am in search for house.Hows the accomodation rents going there?awaiting replies...

2. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

If you are looking for a single bedroom accommodation, it would cost anywhere between 3500 Qrs - 4500 Qrs.And 2BHK would cost between 5500 - 6500 Qrs.Qatar is an expensive place with lot of opportunities(infact happening place) compared to other ME countries.

Where is your work place?You might have to find a place near to your office or your kids school.

3. sobharam

sobharam New IL'ite

Hi bhuva ,

Thanks for ur reply.i am lokking for 2 BHK.What about standalone villas??is it tooo expensive??i am looking for unfurnished house since i am having furniture of my own.

Regards
    Sobha

4. bhuvnidhi

Standalone villas will start from 8000 Qrs.It would be quiet old.But if you need good ones in a compound, 2-3 bedroom unfurnished villas will cost a minimum of 10K per month.

5. sobharam

sobharam New IL'ite

thanks a lot...what about getting admission in Schools.DPS or BPS which one is better??my daughter is in 2 nd std now.

6. bhuvnidhi

Sobha, There is a thread on which schools discussion in this forum.I cannot say which school will be the best but you have option of choosing various schools here.But if you need CBSE-I then you have only few options like DMIS,BPS,MES,IIS and I think even shanthiniketan has CBSE-I curriculum.

Have a look at the following threads:

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/indians-in-qatar/123121-best-school-for-kg-2-a.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/indians-in-qatar/121570-cbse-cbse-i-curriculam-seems.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/indians-in-qatar/48942-dmis-or-bps-or-dps.html

7. sobharam

sobharam New IL'ite

So Bhuva,u put ur daughter in DMIS..:thumbsup.Let me see what the others has to say..I am also little bit concerned about work load from school.So DPS is secondary option for me.In dubai also DPS is having high work pressure.Is DMIS is managed by GEMS group?

8. bhuvnidhi

Shobha, DMIS was part of GEMS group earlier.But they have detached themselves from GEMS(rumours say due to the fee associated with GEMS affiliation).Now they are part of Taleb group along with the cambridge school of Doha and few other IB schools.

We have quiet a few ILites(Praseeda,Hema ,Manisha....) who have their kids in DPS.I might have to drag them to look at your thread....