1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Moving To New Apt Community (us) - Do's And Don'ts

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Vedhavalli, Jul 4, 2018.

1. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

Good

I think your neighbour is just being ridiculous in expecting that kind of help from u . A kid is a lot of responsibility . Kids are very naughty and hyperactive , and in case the kid gets injured or something while under our supervision , u don't want that guilt . You don't even have any experience with kids. You did the right thing . Your neighbour expecting u to give bath to her newborn is just being belief . Please stay away from her from.now on she lacks common sense completely .

sindmani, SinghManisha and shravs3 like this.
  2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

True. Even I feel the same. But one part of my brain feels pity about her thinking there is no one to help her .Atleast she should have gone for India!
    When I said no I felt the change in her voice tone. I felt she was sad that’s making me feel guilty . But she should understand that kids responsibility is too much

3. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

Dear sravs,
    I was like you all my childhood.
    I used to help my classmates even those who never talked to me but wanted my help in finishing homework.
    Few faked friendships but only till i was of use to them. Continued the same in college life. I still used to do knowing they are not real friends as i couldnt say no.

I have learnt few lessons over all these years.
    1. Some people will ride you as they want if you appear weak and easily manipulated.

2. No matter how much you do, when once you get used to say yes and later if ever you have to say no, they will leave you in a blink.

3. I follow the rule - "If you don't feel guilty to use me for your benefit then I dontd have guilt to say NO".

You did right by saying no. But just keep in touch occasionally and know if she got any help or not. This is just so that your guilt will reduce.

sindmani, shravs3 and nakshatra1 like this.
  4. nakshatra1

@pinky2cute I also has similar experiencea like u and I had to learn the hard way to recognise when a "friend" is taking advantage of my help and trust . It's very imp in life to be assertive and recognise the exploiters. But we should always help people who are in genuine need.

When we grow up we slowly remember and realise so many things . But I think it's better to take them as lessons than regrets .

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Yes. I will definitely ask her

6. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

No don’t ! After a firm no , you will ask her if she needs help ??? You think she will not take up your offer ?
    Reserve your guilt for something more useful.

nakshatra1 and shravs3 like this.
  7. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I’m sure she will send to other lady’s house now as both their kids are friends and of same age. I indirectly hinted her house though.
    Once she had told , since my house is near to their house , she will be sending here as this is convenient.But the other ladies house is 2 blocks away.
    But my main anger is she is not asking permission she is directly telling that she will send her daughter here inspite of knowing that I have no experience and little busy with other stuff!

8. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Is it really not good with collegues (Indian) in same apartment/community?
    One of my friend is experiencing few situations... She isn't happy with that.
    Eg: The boss's kids are dropped at her place for baby sitting, for free.
    Boss wife Asking other colleagues to pick kids/ medicine/ ride along for groceries / lunch/ dinner.
    Its not only with boss's wife also people put chamcha/jaalra/ maska. My friend says slowly it's eating her. Somehow she is handling.
    They all work for major Indian IT company.
    She can't say NO.

9. nakshatra1

The boss wife is taking unfair advantage .What a nightmare to live like that .

shravs3 likes this.