1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Moving To New Apt Community (us) - Do's And Don'ts

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Vedhavalli, Jul 4, 2018.

1. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Good luck Vedhavalli..
    Even i have moved to new apartment. Indian community. I have never been in an indian community before and your inputs are always helpful to keep in mind and to act accordingly.. Looking forward for more inputs from you...

2. Jemma

Jemma New IL'ite

Very well said....It is so important to know these things and it is sad that schools do not teach these things..you only learn from good and bad experience..I also got into trouble by being too freindly with the neighbors and after some time..they ganged up against me and beleive me ..it was a torture..

I agree with all the points mentioned above.

Plus dont share anything too personal with them .
    Be friendly to everyone but trust no one till the time you dont them very well.
    maintain a safe distance.

3. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Yes, never disclose anything personal.
    If we keep silent or show disinterested face, some don't stop asking personal questions Now I have learnt to keep stren face and pretend I didn't hear.

4. wings2010

wings2010 Senior IL'ite

See now I feel bad. In that watsapp
    Good points. But sometimes when we r left alone it's feeling bad . In tat watsapp grp they used to send wishes appreciations for kids. But nobody sent wish for my kid though everyone knows as many study in same school. Al running away by seeing me . If nobody around some ladies will smile. I don't know what's happening. I am house wife. Dh job can not shift. We invested money in this house. Can't think about shifting for 12 years. But I always wish to kids in tat grp.patiently being here....hmmm.

5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Very well written.

I have one neighbor who believe “ neighbors are like family”.

She interferes,she backbites and even shows faces to others if things don’t go her way.

She will go beyond to help and if someone does not do as much her she will wound them with words.

World is ONLY from her point of view.

I am waiting for the day when she will leave this community.Rest of them are fine.

6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I am one of those ladies who is polite to my neighbors,non interfering and mind my own business.Still I am hated by this one particular neighbor and she is so nosy and annoying plus blunt.I don’t know from where these kind of people come Into every community

gknew likes this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

That’s being rude but do you honestly need to be friends with those ladies who are behaving a certain way in front and then behind the scene?

Be grateful you are not in any WhatsApp group as many just do drama.

Have fun and enjoy life doing things u love..are you in Bangalore still?

I have relatives in white field :)

wings2010 likes this.
  8. wings2010

wings2010 Senior IL'ite

That's so sweet of u. Thank you. Am destined to be here only. That's true. I will engage myself on my interests.

anika987 likes this.
  9. Archana11

Archana11 Silver IL'ite

We also moved to this community in April last week. We have newly married couple in front and my husband knows this guy through a common friend when he was bachelor. After we moved we invited them for dinner. Met his wife. after that i knocked her door couple of times to just talk and engage her and get to know. she never did anything from her side. My husband says why dont you go and sit and talk with her. Make friendship. After hearing this for few times I shouted on him not tell me what to do and what not to do. I said, with 2 kids, i still managed to talk to her. She is alone from morning 7;30 to evening 4;30 but does not have time. Im not interested. Then he stopped. He has this habit of inviting people for lunch or dinner to keep the relationship/ friendship/neighbourhood or whatever it is to keep it ongoing. I hate it. Not because I have to cook. Because they just dont care. They eat, spend sometime and never look back. I tell him this is not the way. I ask him did anyone invite us for lunch or dinner till now. No noone. even the couple in front. I ask him to learn from them. They dont organize any lunch or dinner, or talk on daily basis. When they need help they will immediately contact. I feel that is ok. What my husband thinks, without keeping in touch frequently, how can we call and ask for help. He does not understand this is normal.

anika987 likes this.
  10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Honestly ,I believe expectations lead to disappointment.

In many ways,life starts from
    Or perception.People have different opinions.

I used to be very friendly only to be hurt.So I keep to myself for the fear of being hurt again BUT I do not ask help.
    No drama,no politics.

Friendship should grow organically.
    If someone is not talking back,they might have their own reasons and not necessarily they hate.

People need SPACE.some have their own stories.not everyone is an extrovert or need friends.some take time and come and become friends later.Many a times it has happened that way to me.

Even recently,I did the same thing to a neighbor and went ,spoke but she did not respond.Maybe she needed her space.

I count it as a blessing as she minds her own business.Someday all will be well but even otherwise there is no hate or love.