1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Moving to Massachusetts(Hanover Insurance)

Discussion in 'Indians in Westborough' started by prabhudeepika, Feb 8, 2016.

1. prabhudeepika

prabhudeepika New IL'ite

Hi All, This is Deepika.
    We will be moving to MA in March. Looking for some information regarding good apartments on rent (preferably with some indian communities) with good school districts( my son completed 4 in nov). what would be the average rent for a 2 BHK. and is one bhk allowed for a family of three? Also any other information that you think may be important... Hubby will be working for Hanover insurance , so I am looking at Worcester, Shrewsbury, Westborough( any other u can recommend) Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

Welcome to Massachusetts! You are already coming to the desi-hub of metrowest boston. The areas you mentioned have lot of Indian communities to name a few:

Fountain Head on Route 9 in Westborough, is the most Indian populated apartment complex and right across Walmart and 15 mins from Patel brothers.

Then there is Avalon Northboro which the newest addition and has all the big shops in complex itself you have BJs, Wegmans, Khols, TJ Maxx, Michales, Babies r us and Toys R us, Ihop (restaurant) Qudoba, Starbucks, etc

Ashford crossing: On route 9 and 5-10 mins drive to Patel brothers and 20 mins to Walmart

Framingham is another good option with Grandview apartment communities.

Rents start around 1500 for 1 BHK.

All the school districts in Shrewsbury, Northboro, Westboro, Southboro, worcester are good.

This site may help: Apartments for Rent - Your Trusted Apartment Finder Tool at ApartmentGuide.com

3. Lotus98

Lotus98 Junior IL'ite

Worcester school district is not good. Worcester also has lot of blue collar population. Westboro, Shrewsbury, southboro, Northboro are good in terms of school district. Rental market is very hot in Shrewsbury. The commons at Haynes farm, Windsor Ridge at Westboro also have Indian communities.

4. prabhudeepika

prabhudeepika New IL'ite

Thanks for ur reply. By basic research on internet , I did see that rental in very high in that area.
    1- do u have any reviews abt shrewsbury commons and Ashford crossing in terms of safety and quality. ( i did find these two comparatively inexpensive )
    2- what is the procedure for school admissions. thru website i did see that process for 2016-17 has already started. what if the school i want is full. what happens then.
    3- will u be able to help me with some good schools in shrewsbury and westborough( i have heard that westborough has a better school district than shrewsbury)