moving to malaysia

Discussion in 'New to KL' started by ashwini999, Apr 7, 2010.

1. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Extra curricular - normally I have seen children here learning sports at school and singing/ dancing/ swimming etc in schools. The International schools have a wide range of courses to offer usually.

If you want to take classes in private, then you need to search for it in your locality, and I have not seen many people do it here under normal circumstances.

2. preethiitech

Domestic Help comes under two categories:

1. Full time Maid - Available through registered agencies; But the process is getting more difficult day-by-day. You need to pay a Large sum as Deposit and their monthly fee is also quite high!

(estimate: Deposit will be atleast over RM 6000 and monthly salary will be around RM 1000 with a weekly holiday; provide separate room for the maid etc.)

2. Part-time Maid - Normally, this is safe, less expensive and convenient. They will charge you anywhere around RM12 per hour. You need to call them over phone before 2 days atleast. They will do any work like sweeping, mopping, washing, helping in kitchen etc..

And they charge based on the number of hours worked. YOu can make a deal like to come and work twice a week.

(Example: Work every Wed and Sunday from 4-6pm

Monthly 8 days. Each time 2 hours.

8*2=16 hours

16 hours * 12RM = 192RM per month)

So, the trend here is to manage cooking by ourself and hire part-time maid for other work!

However, Full time maids are in demand for house hold with elders, little children, lots of people etc.

1 person likes this.
  3. bharatisudhir

bharatisudhir New IL'ite

Hi Preethi,

Thank you very much for the very detailed response to my list of queries.. This really helps a lot. Hoping that things work out and I am able to take a call shortly.

Rgds,
    Bharati

4. preethiitech

Best wishes Bharati.. Good luck for your endeavours. Do let us know if you are going to be here! We'll be there to help out!

5. TeddyChiku

TeddyChiku Bronze IL'ite

Hey Bharthi,

Good luck.......

6. mouny

mouny New IL'ite

Hmmm yes true i too agree with u

7. TeddyChiku

TeddyChiku Bronze IL'ite

Hi Mouny,

I hope u r same person...i saw ur private MSg in my inbox, which u sent in Dec. sorry for being late in reply.

Now if u need any help let me know..

8. indukalyan

indukalyan New IL'ite

Hi all, I am new to IL. I was looking for information on relocating to Malaysia n found loads of info. We might be moving to KL next year, for three to four years. My daughter is in third grade in India now. I wanted to know the schools in KL Which are preferred if we want similar education as in India . I see GIIS being mentioned as the only option as they follow cbse. Is there any other school that we can consider before finalising.
    How easy is it to get admission in GIIS.
    What is the typical academic year in Malaysia.
    When do the admissions start for an academic year?
    will schools allow admissions in the middle of an academic year?

Please provide any information that you think would help.

thanks in advance!