Moving to London - Need help on deciding accomodation n schools?

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by prawina, Feb 21, 2015.

1. prawina

prawina New IL'ite

Hi
    We are moving to london by Mid-march with my two daughters who are 5 yrs and 7 months old. My hubbys workplace is near canary wharf tube station. Could anyone suggest a safe and lively residential area which should be commutable to my hubbys workplace and also should have good primary schools?

Any info would be really appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Prawina

2. Radical

Radical Silver IL'ite

Prawina,

Living in Canary warf is very expensive. Please refer to commutefrom.com. Leave the field commute from blank and to 'Canary Warf' in whatever mins you are okay with. It will give you all the list of places. Choose a place it will show you local info, school info..etc.

I think as soon as you come. Company will be providing accomadation for a while. Your Hubby can ask his office mates for suggestion on places. You will eventually settle down. Dont worry.

Schools depends on where you live. Once thats decided. You have to go to real estate agents and register with them so that they can get a house to rent which is closer to schools. Also you have to go to council and ask them for school admission.

So many factors to consider before renting a place like closer to station, closer to local shops, surgery(clinic), Schools. Main important thing is finding a safe place is hard. You will know once you are here.

All the Best

3. prawina

prawina New IL'ite

Thanks Radica,

Thanx 4 d info. Is it compulsory like in US to take 2 bhk if u have kids? Will east croydon be a safer place 2 live? Yur suggestions on east ham too. We r coming as a family together. Thats y im worried.

4. ChetanaSP

ChetanaSP New IL'ite

Hello Prawina,

East croydon is best place to live.. good schools around best transport.. we are in croydon..let me knw if u want any more info.

5. prawina

prawina New IL'ite

Chetana
    Thanks 4 ur feedback on EAst croydon. Can you suggest me some of the primary schools in East croydon where i can apply for my daughter who will be 6 yrs old by July...
    BTW where do u live in East croydon! I ve been searching on zoopla to find houses. Im finding on Addiscombe road, Canning road n Coombe road... How about these areas?
    I need a house which should be walking distance to the school! Your suggestions would be really appreciated!!!!!!!!!
    Thanx in advance