Moving to Johannesburg!!!

Discussion in 'Africa & Middle East - Other Areas' started by gvk, Aug 24, 2009.

1. gvk

gvk New IL'ite

Hi Girls,

Iam staying in India Blr with Hubby & 2 Yr old Kid am working full time in an MNC. My husband has got an assignment in Johannesburg through an Indian company and is expected to fly in mid September. Right now he is flying alone but i and my kid (2yrs old) may join him in few months time based on the feedback i get here. we would like to know about the culture,safety,cost of living of this place? Can you guys please share your thoughts urgentlyon this. Right now he is expected to get around 23K ZAR per month.

- How much is the tax he has to pay out of 23K ZAR ?
    - How much would be an approximate cost towards accomodation,food, conveyance for a husband-wife ?
    - How safe is this place to live with the family and a 2 yr old kid ? Do we have Indian Communities there?
    - Hows the schooling and the day care facilities and its quality ? and how much do we need to shed per month for these ?
    - How is the medical facilities ? is it easily accessible and Is it costly ?
    - Iam from IT field, hence would love to knwo how is the job oppurtunities there?

My decision to Fly will base on your valuable inputs...

Thanks,
    GVK