1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Moving to Irvine ....need some help ....

Discussion in 'Indians in Los Angeles' started by utpal8116, Mar 9, 2011.

1. utpal8116

utpal8116 New IL'ite

Hello friends ...

I am moving to irvine next week ....still very confused about the apartments .......not sure which is really good ...just looking for indian community nd thgs around with walkable distance .
    i lived in indiana were there were no indian nd no one to talk to so ...i nd my son really had tough time here .

I called up heritage park and wood bury comm ...they said that they dont have any preschool ........do they have any kids prog ?

thanks alot ....looking forward for some help .

2. ctha

ctha New IL'ite

Hi,
    I live in northwodd park there are only few indians here. but shops and schools are very near by from my area.There is one more apartment in my area where u have lots of indians there with kids the rent should be around 1550 to 1700 and the apartment name is North wood place.the schools and shpos are also very near from this place too. in this area where i hope they also have lots of preschool in this area.
    All the Best.

Regards,
    Gayathri

3. utpal8116

utpal8116 New IL'ite

Hi gayatri ...

Thanks alot for the info .....i am planning to move to North wood place ....not seen yet ..lets see how it goes .....Is your place near to northwood place ? do you have any kids ?
    looking forward to meet you .....

thanks alot ...tk cr

4. ctha

ctha New IL'ite

Hi,
    I live in Northwood Park.I have a 15 months old son.once u got settle down here we can all meet.Anu hope we can also meet .

5. milkshake

milkshake New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Ohh god!! so many people in irvine!!! just got to know this thread as iam new to IL. I live in Oak Glen.. This apartment is good and i can see more indians here. Also i have seen many of them carry their kids from school. Oak glen is in valley Oak street near Irvine center drive. Also while searching for apartments i have seen a quite few. Among all i liked Estancia and Oak glen very much. U can also try estancia.

LADIES ANY ONE STAYS IN OAKGLEN???

Regards,
    Milkshake

6. utpal8116

utpal8116 New IL'ite

Hi
    I have just moved to northwood place apts ...its just 4-5 days now ....really nice place ....not yet got the chance to go out and walk around and get to know thgs .

looking for some friends ...I have 3.5 yr son ...and i am from north india ..delhi .

Hi... gayathri ..northwood park is really close by ...i have seen it . will sure plan to meet .
    Is your son going to school ?
    I am looking for some summer program classes for my son ....need some help nd suggestions ...

@ milkshake....I have not heard abt OAKGLEN apts ....i am new sooo not aware of much apts nd places ...slowly getting aware ....thanks alot but i ve already shifted to norhwood place .
    thanks alot !
    Utpal

7. ctha

ctha New IL'ite

Hi,
    welcome to City of Irvine,Sure we will meet some time in next week.U can mail me to gaya31711@yahoo.co.in.

8. anukv

anukv Bronze IL'ite

Wow good Utpal. Welcome to Irvine. It's a very nice place to live. Hope you are settled with the things now. Good Luck

@milkshake: Some of the Irvine ILites have already planned a meet up and they did also. We are planning to meet up again. You can see gayatri's mail id. Get in touch with her. We will plan and meet up again.

I come to Oak Glen every weekend to drop my husband at his friend's place and they to play cricket from there. This time I will let you know if I come. Good Luck and have a gr8 day!

9. milkshake

milkshake New IL'ite

hi Anu,

we have already met in the orchard park. Hope you remember. When are u guys again planning to meet up??? let me know. I have also sent u a mail from my gmailid already. Let me know when you come to Oak Glen and visit my house next time.

Regards,
    Milkshake

10. utpal8116

utpal8116 New IL'ite

Hi anu
    thanks alot ....not got the much chance to njoy the place as busy settling down ....but yes it really a good place to live . just been to orchard park few times with my son . hope to meet you guys sometime ......tk cr .