Moving To Frankfurt in next 3 months

Discussion in 'Indians in Germany' started by Aakkuu, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Aakkuu

Aakkuu New IL'ite

Hi,

I will be joining my husband in Frankfurt probably in next 4-5 months. he has gone there for his company's project and has work permit for 3 years.

Can anybody please tell me how difficult it would be to get a job there. I am a marketing professional and have approx 7 years of work expreince. I would like to know if there is something proactively I can do from here even before reaching there which would help me in getting a job once am there.

If somebody can share any information, it would be really helpful as I am quite apprehensive of uncertainity about my career.

2. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

HI,
    Do you know German? I think the visa rules require that the spouse too has to come with a certain level of fluency in the language-irrespective of whether you plan to work or not. A working knowledge of the language will help in your job search too.

R

3. Aakkuu

Aakkuu New IL'ite

Hey,

Thanks for the reply.
    I guess the embassy folks just ask how would you manage the language there and you need to tell them that you are doing some german onlines courses bla bla and its fine.
    Anyways even I have realised that learning german language is one thing which I can do while being here...
    BTW are you working there?
    Also do u have any idea on how to get a work permit there once you come there on dependent visa.

4. Aakkuu

Aakkuu New IL'ite

Can anybody please help me with some information....would be really thankful.

5. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

Dear Aakkuu

Nice that you are coming to germany...

To my understanding you will be coming here on dependant visa.
    For a dependant visa status...
    if one can find a job and the company gives you the contract then you can apply for wrk permit and then u will get the visa to work only for that company..

As you are into marketing field and u r having a very good experience....to my knowledge fluency in german in mandatory.

regarding at embassy...find out wether you need a A1 certificate.

ovrall I can say german language plays an imp role...this not to discourage you but its a fact.

all the best and any queries you can ask me

6. Aakkuu

Aakkuu New IL'ite

Hi Amol,

Thanks for the reply and sharing the information. Really appreciate that. I think learning german is the foremost thing I can do at this point of time. ..Another thing are there placement agencies in Frankfurt who help you in getting a job.

So you have a lovely daughter.....for how long you have been there now...do you like the place.

7. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

Dear Aakkuu

Yes, you got my point and nice of you.I am staying here from 2007.I live in place not sooo far from frankfurt.
    I am lovely son not daughter :)

Once you are confident with ur skills, you can upload ur CV into job portals and agencies will call contact you.
    there is no spl agency where you can contact directly...I liked the place and mostly i liked the way the ppl wrk and how they plan before without any pressure.

I think frankfurt is a place where you can find many indians, indian store and temples also.

hope u will also enjoy...hav fun in learning german..

goodluck

8. Aakkuu

Aakkuu New IL'ite

Hi Amul,

How are you doing…hope your are doing great and enjoying thechilly winters!! As usual, need one more piece of information…
    Are there good day care centers for kids in Germanyespecially Frankfurt/Stuttgart and if they take 6 months old kid also. Alsowanted to know if some Indian ladies also run such centers or they are all governmentones. I need to plan my things accordingly.

Look forward to hear from you. Take care.

Aakku

9. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

hi Aakku

Thank you for asking.really the weather is getting horrible and worst..and its just only the effect from eastern europe.able to manage things.
    coming to ur question..as to my knowledge there may be no indian ladies who can take care of kids.

yes there day care centers in germany are really good, hygenic and well organised.
    but the concern is wether u can get place for kida below 1yr.
    normally at this age kids are placed in krippe(day nursery).You can get place if and only if both are working..or else u will have long waiting period.

at the age of 1yr you can take ur kid to nearby kindergarten once per week to a group called krabbel gruppe.

you can also place ur kid in private krippe but it will cost nearly 600-800 euros.

if u could not understand please let me know i will explain you.

take care

10. Aakkuu

Aakkuu New IL'ite

Hey Amul,

Thanks for thereply...you are so helpful...really appreciate that!
    I would like to place thekid in a daycare only if I get a job there, not otherwise.

What is the approximateexpense to keep the child in krippe(day nursery) and are they good in numbersor only handful.

Will be intouch.

Take care