Moving to Dusseldorf

Discussion in 'Indians in Germany' started by smritidey, Jun 16, 2012.

1. smritidey

smritidey New IL'ite

Hi.

We are moving from Singapore to dusseldorf in July along with my 5 years daughter. It will be great if you can assist me on followings:

1. Schooling for my daughter: I have seen online Noah's Ark kindergarten school how about the school? any other english medium school with reasonable fees.

2. How to find a appartment? Is there any Indian agent available? Please share some contacts of agents and which area will be suitable to stay?

3. What is the best way to call India and cheap mobile connections?

4. Address of Indian groccery shop.

5. How much is transportation charge for monthly ticket.

6. Any Indian community website for Dusseldorf.

Best regards,
    Smriti

2. Loveleena

Loveleena New IL'ite

Hello Smriti,

My husband is in process of relocating to Dusseldorf soon, and we will be moving with two daughters - 6 1/2 year old, and 1 1/2 years.

As usual, we have two key challenge-- School, and accommodation. I checked International schools, but these seem to be very expensive.

How are German Private Schools? Will non-German kids find easy to cope up? Secondly most of the apartment sites ask for huge provision fee, and some how we don't want to waste money on provision fee, and commission fee. Any pointers which areas would be good to stay ( which are closer to schools), and how to get apartment without provision fee?

Thanks in advance

Loveleena