Moving to Dubai with 5 year old daughter

Discussion in 'Housing in Dubai' started by sud1210, Sep 6, 2011.

1. sud1210

sud1210 New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

I am Nitasha basically from Pune, Maharshtra. We will be moving to Dubai from Bahrain and planing ahead of time. We intend to settle down by March 2012 and hence starting a bit early on the house and school hunt. As you know my basic questions are on schooling and housing.
    For school - My daughter will finish KG-II next March and seeking admission in the 1<SUP>st</SUP> grade. She is studying in new millennium(DPS) in Bahrain and we would be looking for a better standard school as my stay in Dubai will be now on a long term.
    For house - Dubai is so spread out so I would choose a school and try to see an apartment (3 bedroom minimum) as close as possible to the school.We would be primarily looking for an unfurnished apartment. We live in Golden Sands in Bahrain (very large apartments 2bed 1600 sq ft, with internet, shared pool, gym ,sauna, squash, tennis, Children's play area, 24hrs hours supermarket downstairs and about 90 Indian families) and I hope I can find something as close as possible of that standard. Please let me know an idea of rents for such kinds of apartments irrespective of the area. My husband can work from home and will have to travel to oil companies in Abu Dhabi. So we do not want to live in the interior of Dubai.

I love to socialize and it would be great to make friends with like-minded Indians.

Awaiting your feedback!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011

2. angel1719

angel1719 Silver IL'ite

Hi Sud

I am not too sure about schools and all but if your DH has to travel to AUH often and you need an atmosphere with all facilities around....you can try looking for Flats in Discovery gardens, The Gardens. Benefit..good spacious flats..not very expensive, has many facilities. DPS is very near by (Delhi Private School) just like 5 to 10min away...close to IBN battuta mall....
    Also you can try Jumeirah Lake towers area also...

3. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

4. sud1210

sud1210 New IL'ite

Thanks Shivani!

5. sud1210

sud1210 New IL'ite

6. sud1210

sud1210 New IL'ite

Hello everyone,

Just an update from my side! we have about to move to Dubai in April. My daughter admission in JSSIS Al Barsha. Now looking for houses!

7. archana820

archana820 Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    U can see for house in DS gardens it will be near for all.

8. sud1210

sud1210 New IL'ite

Settled in Dubai - Anyone's kids in JSSIS?

Hello everyone,

First of all thanks for all the response. Update from my end is that I have finally settled in Badri Building, Mankhool. I will be happy to hear from you and meet you. I would also like to hear form maharashtrians in Mankhool with kids around 6 years. Anyone's kids in JSSIS by any chance? For me the now the next target is driving license so that I can independently travel.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  9. aastha1986

aastha1986 New IL'ite

Hi Nitasha,

I am from Delhi. Came to Bahrain after my marriage. My case is similar to what your case was. We ll be shifting to Dubai from Bahrain. My husband will have to visit oil plants often (as in ur case). The only difference is that u r a mother to a 5 year old daughter, and I ll be giving birth to a daughter this Dec end. So, basically my husband will move to Dubai in November and I ll join him around February next year.
    Wanted to know where to look for a flat. We ll be fine with a 1 bhk. And I would prefer a park around the building. Pool, gym and other facilities will always be an advantage.

10. Urmila06

Urmila06 Senior IL'ite

Hi Aastha & Nitasha,

I am also from Delhi. Spent almost 8 years in Dubai. I have 2 kids- 6yr old and 1 year old.

If your husband has to travel frequently to Abu Dhbai then you should take an apartment near Greens, Discovery Gardens etc.

Otherwise, Al Nahda Dubai has Parks, hospitals, schools and new buildings with Swiming Pool and Gym.

Get in touch once you are in Dubai.

Urmi

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013