moving to dubai, need reviews on schools.

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Dubai' started by sherinfarman, Jan 6, 2015.

1. sherinfarman

sherinfarman New IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    This is my first post on this site and I hope someone can help me.
    I am moving from Canada to Dubai this year and I faced similar problems in getting my daughter into a school. Due to the wide range and curriculums available in Dubai, I'm confused on what school to select. We are looking for a school near al nadha 2, and came across schools such as pristene and al diyafah, which are UK curriculum. But I couldnt get admission into these schools due the large waiting list ect. Finally we have decided to get my daughter into sabari indian school.
    I believe its an Indian curriculum and a newly opened school. I would appreciate if someone can tell me the difference between CBSE curriculum and the o level curriculum. And how are the reviews for sabari Indian school? Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you
    Sherin

2. geethakrishnan

geethakrishnan Junior IL'ite

Hi sherin , me too searching for schools in Dubai... We have also applied for my daughter their for grade 4...but the only thing that's putting me to take a back step is , it's a new school, just opened last year.... So if u get any info do post here ok... Same way if I get to know will inform u too.... Thanks in advance

3. sherinfarman

sherinfarman New IL'ite

Hey, yea that's the same thing in my mind as well. and i understand that its a different curriculum. I was hoping to put my daughter into a UK curriculum as it would be easy for her when she comes back to Canada in the future. But my hubz, who is currently there, didn't know anything about this curriculum stuff then he when and paid ect. So I'm a little concerned. But yea, if i get any information regarding this and the school, i will surly share it with you.

:)

4. Kris04

Kris04 New IL'ite

Hi! I would like to share my experience with Mosaic nursery. They have spacious classrooms for around 16 kids and with fun filled activities to enhance inner talent. They can provide a good head start in education. My 2 yr old daughter have been there for a year now. I can see she gets excited whenever its a school day. Try to take a tour.