Moving to Dallas, TX 75254, what city I should look for apt & schools?

Discussion in 'Indians in Dallas' started by laxmiss2003, Jan 14, 2012.

1. laxmiss2003

laxmiss2003 New IL'ite

hello :)

I am laxmi have 2 kids of ages 1 & 31/2 years old.I am excited to relocate to Dallas,tx from Moline,il.but no idea where to look for apt or for pre-school.not even a single friend I have in TX.

my hubby will be working for Hitachi Headquarters which is located in "14643 Dallas Pkwy #800,Dallas, TX 75254".i guess it is b/w belt line and Spring valley.

I would like some one to provide information of what place(i have no idea at all) we should look for to saty with good apt,good community,good scholl & very important near to my husband work place.

I love to put my daughter in best school.

I am really glad to get help since we have to move in 2 weeks.

2. Enigma

Enigma New IL'ite

Re: moving to TX 75254 not sure what city I should look for apt & schools,pls help me

Hi laxmiss2003,

Am sure your family will love Dallas.I found two Camden Communities(apartment) 8 miles from the address you have given.The area is called Plano.Am little bit aware of Plano.I can only suggest Camden Communities in that area.Have no idea at all about the rest. Camden is a reputed name in apartment communities known for it's maintenance and standards.You can always check reviews and ratings of apartments on Apartment Ratings :: The leading source of apartment reviews by renters for renters..

I heard that Plano has huge Indian community and also a good school district.Regarding school districts check this link.

Relocating to Dallas Area...Plano vs Coppell vs McKinney vs Richardson or other area (Garland: 2009, to rent) - City-Data Forum

Irving is another area..some 10 miles from your husband's office.Mc arthur blvd,Irving has lots of Indian community apartments,desi groceries,restuarants,major shopping.As far as i know it is the best place for desis to live in Dallas.Valley ranch area on the intersection of Mcarthur blvd is very near to Coppell(heard that Coppell has a reputed school district). For me Valley ranch is the best place with good indian community,cimarron recreation center,library, an indian super market all located on the same block.
    There are many threads about apartment suggestions etc in "Indians in Dallas","Indians in Valley Ranch" sub-forums of Indians in Texas.You can check them.