1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Moving to Connecticut in August first week 2013 ..... Need help !!!

Discussion in 'Indians in Hartford' started by adprak, Jul 26, 2013.

1. adprak

adprak New IL'ite

Hi all,

I am Aditi, I will be moving to Hartford Connecticut in August first week 2013.
    Could anyone please suggest any good apartments near by 50 Prospect St, 3 Plaza Building, hartford,CT 06183 (Travelers Insurance) office ??

As this will be my husband's new office so I will be looking for apartment (1BHK) nearby if possible in cheap price :)

Also please if anyone can tell me that how is the cost of living of Hartford, CT ?? Is it high or less and is the accommodation in downtown area will be cheap or high pricewise??

Need help in this as I will be new to Connecticut , moving from Wisconsin state to CT state.

Regards,
    Aditi

2. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

Hi Aditi,

Welcome to Hartford, CT. If you have kids and looking for social life it is better to stay outside downtown. I dont know the rates wise in Hartford. If you have car, your husband can still commute to Hartford from 8 to 15 miles radius around Hartford. South Windsor, RockyHill, Manchester, East Windsor, Bloomfield, Windsor, Windsor Locks are nearest cities to Hartford. Hope that helps.

3. adprak

adprak New IL'ite

Hi Skalluri,

Thanks for the info :)

We do not have car, I am newly married and came to the US in April this year, staying in Milwaukee,WI right now in downtown so did not feel the need to have a car :) thats y I was thinking to stay in downtown in Hartford, CT as my hubby's office will also be in downtown.

Do you know any good and not so costly accomodation in Hartford downtown??

Regards,
    Aditi

4. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

Hi Aditi,

You can search good apartments in apartment.com, there is park place, 250 main and couple of other. You may check it. In downtown there is no social life that is the disadvantage, but until you settle down buying a car , it is not a bad option.

SK.