1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Moving to Chicago soon. Suggestions for apartments pl.....

Discussion in 'Indians in Chicago' started by VidRaj, Jul 14, 2015.

1. VidRaj

VidRaj New IL'ite

Hi all,
    We will be moving to Chicago this month end and looking for apt closer to Metra stations( my husband will be working in Chicago Downtown area). Many suggested Naperville area for school(elementary) and Metra station too.I did call Raiway Plaza, Bristol Station.....
    Any suggestions for 5th Avenue Station and Fairways apartments? Are they are close to metra stations too? Anyone living in that area please give me your opinions.Thanks.

2. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Welcome to Indusladies and to Chicago!

The closest suburb and the nicest, I daresay to Chicago is Evanston. It has a good school district. Naperville is quite a ride to Chicago!

3. VidRaj

VidRaj New IL'ite

Thank you Butterflyice :). School and Indian community being the first 2 priorities,we have come down with Railway plaza and International Village (Schaumburg).

Can u suggest me a good apartment (with Indian community-need company for my 9 yr old daughter) and elementary school too?

4. VidRaj

VidRaj New IL'ite

And even there trains every 15 mins to Palantine Station from downtown to and fro. Any one from International Village (Schaumburg) can you tell me howz the area?

5. VidRaj

VidRaj New IL'ite

Dear friends,
    I am writing this for the benefit of future residents of Chicago. (I did have a hard time to find some answers shifting to this area:roll::))

We finally moved to International Village at Schaumburg.
    Pros: - lot of Indian residents (I would say it's like living in an Indian apt)
    - Very good schools around for all ages ( Willow Bend Elementary, Plum Grove Jr high, William Fremd high school)
    - Many shopping areas within 1-2 miles ( Costco, Patel brothers, Mall)
    - A big plus is the play area and def your kids will have a lot of companion to play with. No doubt about it.
    -3 metra stations (Palatine/Arlington Heights/Arlington Park) with ample parking and frequent trains in busy morning hours.Many people do carpooling here. New metra station is under construction(opening in 2016)

Except for the common laundry system this place is apt for anyone looking for a good Indian community to be with. For subleasing /sale details below link will help you more.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ivschaumburg/info

Hope this information helps at least one person. Best wishes to all.

2 people like this.