1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Moving To Chicago , Need Ur Guidance On Apartment Search

Discussion in 'Indians in Chicago' started by AngelP, Nov 15, 2016.

1. AngelP

AngelP New IL'ite

Hi ,
    We are moving to Chicago and my husband would be working in downtown . I did some research on lake view and Lincoln park , wanted your inputs on safety and indian community. We want to be in Chicago city only and don't want to move to suburbs for now. Looking for a place with some good professional Indian community in Chicago city area close to train station. Thanks.

2. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Welcome to Chicago and to Indusladies.

Both Lakeview and Lincoln park are family oriented communities and safe, have good access to train stations and bus stations. Lots of well-educated folks live there, not necessarily Indian. The apartment rent tends to be on the higher side but are also more spacious. GOod luck settling down.

3. AngelP

AngelP New IL'ite

Thanks a tonn butterfly :smiley: could you suggest areas within Chicago city with some professional Indian communities, difficult to live away from home without desi friends around.

4. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

I am not sure what your definition of "professional Indian community" is. A big chunk of Indians living in the US are well-educated. There sure are suburbs where there is a concentration of Indian Doctors or Software professionals, however I do not think there are such areas in the City with just Indian professionals.

Lake View and Lincoln Park has pretty big concentrations of well-educated people in general. Lots of attorneys, I hear :)

One way to meet other Indians is through temples/churches and participating in the many Desi events that come up ever so often.