1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Moving to Charlotte

Discussion in 'Indians in Charlotte' started by sukri, Oct 31, 2009.

1. sukri

sukri New IL'ite

Dear ladies,

My family will be moving from Philadelphia suburbs to Charlotte in a couple of weeks. Since it is a large city, unlike any of the places I've so far stayed in the US before, I need some help in choosing apartments.

Can you list some apartments that have a substantial amount of indians (with family) living? I also like to have some good Pre-schools and primary schools in the area and a safe area as well. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. chitraram

chitraram New IL'ite

Hi . I live in Charlotte and no doubt it's a very good place. I stay in north Charlotte. There are so many apartments here where Indians live like Lodges, autumn park, the bridges ,the traditions and etc...... . And there are also good apt in south Charlotte so it depends on where u stay. I have told u all the information which i know. If u want some more info do keep in touch.
    All the Best

bye

chitraram

3. sukri

sukri New IL'ite

Thank You, Chitraram, for the apartment names. My husband's office is located at Glenlake drive which I noticed is near the airport. I'm not sure which is a better area to live - north or south charlotte? I guess the east and western parts of charlotte have "downtown" kind of environment.

Also are there as many indians in south charlotte as in the northern apartments that you have mentioned? A bachelor friend of my friend recommened Springs at Tyvola (Tyvola center apartments) Have you heard of this and is this a safe place to live?

I apologize for so many questions. I'm worried about safety because I have 2 daughters (4yrs and 8mo old) and I also need to find a good school and playmates for them.

Thanks,
    Krithika

4. chitraram

chitraram New IL'ite