Moving to botswana

Discussion in 'Indians in Africa' started by drmandeep, Jul 4, 2013.

1. drmandeep

drmandeep New IL'ite

Dear Friends ,
    I am a Doctor by profession . i have been given an opportunity to join hospital in Botswana . Little scared to relocate from here India to that place totally new alien for me . Can u please help me out to know that what kind of place that is for us for Sikhs Indians and all .
    How expensive that it ? n all
    Regards
    Mandeep

2. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

though i have not lived in Botswana but I have a friend who stayed there for many years & used to sing praises of Gabrone.maybe check tripadvisor,expat.com.

as such life in Arican countries is good(we have lived in 3 african countries & visited 5 of them),lots of social activities,better bonding with Indian people,better life style with maids,drivers,gardeners,availability of all Indian groceries & fresh fruit veggies,good International school though pricey but good exposure.

less Sikh community(as Punjabis are more attracted to Canand,US ,Australia)
    i am Punjabi........but there are gurudwars,temples & Indian resturants..........African as such are good gentle people & if you behave nicely they respond accordingly.

there is series of fiction by Alexender Mcsmith The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia which gives you a good rosy impression of Botswana & in this forum too somebody posted a great deal about Botswana .chk that too.........