1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Moving to Atlanta Need help with Apartment Search

Discussion in 'Indians in Georgia' started by Parasu, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Parasu

Parasu Bronze IL'ite

Hello,

We are moving to Atlanta in couple of weeks. We are searching for a suitable apartment. My husbend's work location is in Downtown near Tucker, Atlanta. We are looking for an apartment within 30 to 45 mins radius to work with decent indian population. We dont have any idea about this place.

If you are aware of apartments and mor information about this area please let me know. Appreciate your help...

2. friend101

friend101 Senior IL'ite

Hi Parasu,
    Is your husband's work in Downtown or is it in Tucker? Both are different places and far apart. I'm assuming you meant Tucker, GA. I'm not familiar with that area exactly but we lived in Dunwoody before which is not that far from Tucker so I can tell you about it. You can find very good apartments in Dunwoody area. You'll be close to all the shopping and dining areas there and close to Marta station which provides easy access to downtown and Airport. Reg Indians, you can find them pretty much everywhere in Atlanta. :) There's a large Indian population in Dunwoody also. Check out "Post properties" online. They have very nice apartments in many areas in Atlanta. Let me know if you need any other info.
    Good luck!
    Pooja

3. Parasu

Parasu Bronze IL'ite

Hi Pooja
    I am happy to see your reply.they have couple of offices we don't have idea where he will placed exactly. I am thinking to search in these areas like dunwoody, trucker, sandy springs ..if you have any idea about apartments name ..before movers reached their we have to find apartments ..

4. friend101

friend101 Senior IL'ite

Hi Amrutha,

Here's a list of good apartments that I know of.

Post Crossing in Dunwoody
    Windsor at Mount Vernon in Sandy Springs
    Post Dunwoody in Sandy Springs
    Colonial at Mount Vernon in Sandy Springs

Hope this helps you.
    Pooja

5. Parasu

Parasu Bronze IL'ite

pooja

In this apartments any Indian community is there?
    thanks for ur information

thanks
    amrutha

6. friend101

friend101 Senior IL'ite

All these apartments have lot of Indians. You can try Jefferson at Perimeter apartments also in Dunwoody. In general, many Indians live in Dunwoody/Sandy Springs area.

7. NidhiPatel

NidhiPatel Senior IL'ite

Hi Parasu,

we are also searching in Dunwoody/Sandy springs area. Can you pls tell me which apartments you've finalized on?

8. padmavaidy

padmavaidy New IL'ite

Hi,

We are moving to Atlanta this weekend. My husbands office is on Ravinia Drive. We are looking for apartments near Dunwoody/ Sandysprings. I wanted to know will Marrieta be far to commute. We are looking for 2Bed 2 Bath. We are ready to pay rent upto 2000$. I checked Dunwoody Gables. But people in apartment ratings say they are facing too many issues... Is it worth? Or is there any other apartment where we have Indian communities living? Awaiting you reply. By the way we are moving from philly.

9. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

10. padmavaidy

padmavaidy New IL'ite

Thanks ranchu.. we did visit Dunwoody Gables and AMLI.. We didn't like both.. We are planning to visit Point, Jefferson, Post and Gables Metropolitan. Rent seems to be a little expensive. Our initial budget was 1100 for 2 bed 2 bath but its going way beyond that. But hoping we get something today.. Just wanted to know if these apartments are safe. I read about some break ins and murder outside Point at perimeter apt. Is it true?..