1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Moving to Atlanta by Aug1, Help needed reg which area is best for live

Discussion in 'Indians in Georgia' started by rsjenny143, Jul 6, 2015.

1. rsjenny143

rsjenny143 New IL'ite

Hi,
    My husband got project in Atlanta, and we need to move by Aug 1st from NJ to Atlanta,GA. As we are completely new to the area, help is needed to decided which is the safest community to live-in also which have good amount of indian population area, we have a 2 year old kid.
    My husband work place would be Atlanta Downtown, More precise Midtown area in Atlanta, he's thinking of using public transport since its a downtown office. We are not able to decide which area/apartment will be best option for us. We are checking apartments in Dunwoody/Smyrna area in GA.

Would appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks,
    Ramya

2. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dunwoody would be a good choice. You have trains from there to Mid-town and downtown area.

And its closer to work for you.
    if you go further north towards alpharetta that's where many indian communities are there but there are no train transportation in that area.

Good luck with your move.

Come in, settle down on a month to month apartment first. Then you can pick the area that will work best for you.

3. rsjenny143

rsjenny143 New IL'ite

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply, we found one apartment for sub lease @ dunwoody area, its about 1 mile from train station.

Looking forward to move to Atlanta, also am looking out to make new friends, please let me know if you know any one in that area.

4. Punnu

Punnu New IL'ite

Hi rsjenny,

Hope you have settled in atlanta well.. Even i am looking out to make new friends, I have a 16 month old son, we stay in lilburn, my husband goes to downtown office, currently, i am stay at home mom..

let me know if we can meet sometime..