1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

moving to atlanta area

Discussion in 'Indians in Georgia' started by Ritu01, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Ritu01

Ritu01 New IL'ite

Hi ..iam from varanasi UP India , moving to atlanta to join husband.
    I want to know which area in / arround atlanta we should move where we have indian community and all eminities. I have a 2 year old kid.
    My husband mostly works from home and sometime have to go to different places in and arround GA.
    Please suggest area and APT names, will look fwd for your suggestions.

2. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ritu01,

congratulations on the move.
    I'd suggest a place that is close to you husband's work location. That way he does not have to travel a lot.
    Indian communities are very common within Atlanta suburb area. you can find such indian population in Decatur, Dunwoody / sandy springs, Alpharetta , Cumming , Marietta , Lawrenceville.

check this forum for more Apartment related reviews.

3. Ritu01

Ritu01 New IL'ite

thanks Ranchu..
    As i said in earlier post my husband doesn't have any office , he works from home most of the time.
    any body in forum , can you share some good apartments places , where we should try , want to move in by first week of Aug.

4. Sasuli

Sasuli New IL'ite

You can try Jefferson at Perimeter in dunwoody... I recommend this place for people who are new to Atlanta..About 70 % Indians. Lot of kids, playground, designated to Vanderlyn Elementary(10 rated), close to many shopping complexes, easy access to Marta, close to downtown. My kids had so much fun...We made lots of friends in our first year...the rent is high tough...

1 person likes this.
  5. Ritu01

Ritu01 New IL'ite

thnaks sasuli ,
    we will be going tomm to dundwoody to check few apartments.
    anybody else in forum who have any other suggestion like any other area like alpharatta or norcross , do suggest.

6. mechos

mechos New IL'ite

Camden Deerfield is in Alpharetta and is an awesome location with good Indian community presence. You can pick and sign the lease online and they have flexible leasing options.

7. Shey

Shey New IL'ite

I am not sure wether u guys have moved .. But according to me alpharetta have sooo many apartments filled with indians .. I live in north park estates which is right opposite to camden Deerfield.. Where ever ou turn you can see a indian face there .. And main thing is commute to all the stores are soo easy and simple .. Everything is near by .. Mainly apartment is well maintained and price is reasonable ...

8. Ritu01

Ritu01 New IL'ite

Hi everyone
    finally move to Alpharetta , anybody from Camden Deerfeild.

1 person likes this.