Moving oman , need to know about the Dependent visa process

Discussion in 'Africa & Middle East - Other Areas' started by nishanand, Sep 19, 2013.

1. nishanand

nishanand New IL'ite

Hello friends,

My husband has got an offer from Muscat which he has accepted too and ll be flying in October. I want to know what will be the process included in dependent moving thr? As the company wnt be sponsoring my visa.. v need 2 take care of it. Plz can sum1 give me d detailed process which involes my visa stuff.. I kno I need to get done d medical test frm GAMCA centre Bangalore. Do I have to take test once again whn i land in Oman? How much tym is given to take d test or I need to take it at d airport once i land in oman? Can I go to any govt hospital fr test? Or some govt body at airport ll ask me to go at a particular hospital? Plz friends reply at the earliest..

2. manjubashini

manjubashini IL Hall of Fame

Hello Nish Advance Welcome to Muscat. Mostly companies do sponsor visa for families if not even the Hr dept would help in processing the visa. There is no need to do medical again in Oman. only employments visa holders need to go for medical again here too. Just you might have to go for finger print verification and Civil card.

manjusai

3. nishanand

nishanand New IL'ite

Hi Manjusai,

Thank you for reply. Can you throw some light on job opportunities there in software field? I am a s/w developer and would like to continue working. How easy/difficult it is to get a job there? also cn u give an Idea what wud be the rent for 1BHK in seeb (My budget is 150-200 OMR)? and wht wud be monthly expenditure fr a family of 2? where do u stay in Oman?

Regards
    Nisha

4. manjubashini

manjubashini IL Hall of Fame

Hi Nisha sorry for late reply. As for i know here not much opportunities for Software persons eventhough it's not much tough you can find some jobs related to your base. I too stay in Seeb our's is sea view apartment so it's RO 300/month. You can get some decent flats in same range. Utility bills might not go more than 60 rials. Other expenditures depends on your needs. So when are you landing in oman??

thanks

5. renuk

renuk New IL'ite

hi all,
    my husband is working in muscat and i will be joining him after 2 months.
    I need to finish Gamca medical test for visa processing.
    can anyone tell me the procedure for Gamca test in Chennai?

Thanks in advance

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

call gulshan medicare for the procedure. earlier you could drop in with your passport and the fees alone. now they book an appointment i think.
    they do routine blood tests, chest x ray tests as a part of the process. google for gulshan.

7. renuk

renuk New IL'ite

Hi all,
    Can anyone tell me how long will it take to process Family visa for Oman.

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Depends on the company hr. and last week was full of holidays