1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Move On!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sgandiva, Jan 28, 2017.

1. sgandiva

sgandiva Senior IL'ite

Does this really happen?? I feel, It's just easy said than done.

Life is full of surprises. we never know how/where it goes, I am not trying to be philosophical but want to share my thoughts that are bothering since long especially to put them down on a paper and here it goes..

My BFF was in love with a guy who was her batchmate since engineering.I would call it her first love.she used to be silent just like her love towards him for almost 3 years and then one fine day he proposed her, she was shocked and surprised but was jumping in joy, her happiness was boundless. He got to know about her liking towards him from other batchmates who liked her. we knew he liked few other girls before proposing my friend but we thought it was just attraction.

He promised to marry her and left for his career goals after we passed out. with in a year he was atracted to other beautiful girls around but still wanted to marry my friend. Being an extrovert by nature he discloses evreything to everyone. Despite knowing this, she still liked him for his frankness.Very Soon his family started opposing his choice of marrying her for some unkown reasons and like most of the guys he too dumpd her for his family.

Sad part is that he fell in love with another girl at his work place within few months of their breakup. we got to know this through our common friends.

It was not easy for her, I still remember those days when she was really mad for him, chanting his name day and night,calling him again and again even though he never responded until he changed his number, sending emails on both his personal and professional mail box until he blocked her. she could not get his contact details except that he works in an MNC in Banglore and one day she got ready to leave Banglore without his whereabouts but I stopped her doing so which was meaningless going after someone who was so reluctant to talk to her.

days passed by and slowly she became spiritual and her life changed, she became normal and ofcourse with her family support,I would say.

After 2 years.....
    He was happily engaged to his girlfriend at work place and my friend was still in love with him with a hope that he would come back for her BUT this is Life and not a movie, it never happened.

After 4 years..
    Her hopes were shattered! His marriage was fixed and she finally felt that she has to MOVE ON...

And now..
    He is happily married to his girl friend and my friend is happily married to someone who is more loving, caring and of course good looking.

when i asked her one day if she was happy, she replied "Don't you see that? I am very lucky to have my husband but you know what I really don't understand why his thoughts strike me at least once a day". I was surprised, she said "don't worry that would be hardly for a minute dear". I understand, It was her first love after all and It's not easy to Move on..

Every thing happens for a reason and that is why they say "Man proposes and God disposes'. I am glad, she is happy with a wonderful family :)

Ledacu, blissofmylife, jskls and 2 others like this.

2. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

Yes, memories are a part of our life and they are there somewhere in our mind and at odd moments we remember. But they are just memories and nothing more. I am glad she is happy and I am sure her husband is happy too. Regards.

3. sgandiva

sgandiva Senior IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi,

Thank you for your comments, this is my first snippet and I can never forget my first reader!! :)
    Yes, my friend told her husband everything before marriage and he was totally fine with this and never complained. He is happy too, they look like they are made for each other :)

Thank you,
    Sgandiva.

4. Vaishnaviayyar1

Vaishnaviayyar1 Senior IL'ite

Well lot of people are fixated as they lack closure.Your friend lacks closure as she was dumped by her bf.If things had turned sour when they were together and if the break up was mutual it wouldn't have been so hard to move on.Its one of these things ppl from outside cannot understand easily.

sgandiva likes this.
  5. sgandiva

sgandiva Senior IL'ite

Thanks Vaishnavi, sometimes I feel it could be the never disclosed reason for their break up, I don't think it's just due to family.

6. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Marriages are made in heaven.God's will.Each found their true love at last and are happy and well settled.It is good your friend was sensible enough to tell her husband everything and both of them are happy.A happy ending.Good one.

7. sgandiva

sgandiva Senior IL'ite

I agree, Thanks Raghavan!