Mother's Day Special Contest - Are you a super mom? - May 2011

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL-ites,

May 8th is the Mother’s Day – The day when we honor the most important person in our life. Indusladies would like to know how you feel about being a mother.

The contest for the month of May 2011:

Mother's Day Special Contest - Are you a Super Mom?

Most of today's mom have a little dissatisfaction as to what kind of a mom they are.

Some even are guilty that they are not able to be a particular kind or strike a balance. Some want to be a little easy-going Mom, while some think they should be a little more strict, more patient, more fun to be with, less tension, spend more time with kids (Working Moms), etc.

Tell us, what kind of mother would you like to be? If you are already blessed with motherhood, then tell us about the challenges that you face while taking care of your little ones. What do you like about motherhood and what kind of a Mom you want to be? What you like about yourself as a Mom and what you dislike? Are you a super mom or a dissatisfied mom?

Points to be noted:

• An IL-ite can post only ONE entry.
    • Entries should be posted only in this thread for it to qualify for the contest.
    • Strictly NO COPY PASTING articles from other sites / magazines.
    • Interesting and creative write-up will be selected by the panel of Judges for a Special gift.
    • The contest ends on 25th, May 2011.
    PS: Any questions about participation in the contest, do post it here in this thread and we will respond to it.

We look forward for a huge participation !!!

2. csaigeetha

csaigeetha New IL'ite

Where should we submit our write up? in our blog or here?

3. agnath

agnath Silver IL'ite

HI,
    Super Mom, just the phrase brings so many pictures in mind, while reading the introduction of the contast I was transported to my early days of dating with my then boyfriend (now husband ), we would talk about marriage children , about boy or baby girl. After marriage God blessed us with consequtively two angel daughters. | was working those days. Being in a nuclear family, arranging for full time maid, the children's food, their vaccination, their growing progress, and then started their search for school and admission, then their studies, extra classes, parent teacher meatings, dance classes, drawing classes, karate classes, all started . I was managing all this running from one place to another, and then my husband moved out of India, after a year , I took a call and left my job, moved with him , again to keep the family together. Girls were growing and so were the challanges for me, their teenhood and associated quaries, their pimples, hair skin problems, boy friends, then came the graduation level and they wanted to move back to India, so again moved back with them. Today my angels are wonderful human beings, when I look at them i feel proud to be their mother. Now they teach me the techniques of yoga, help me in my selection of music, movie, in my paintings etc. All this was not easy for me, I still think i could have done better, but when I think of my mother, bringing up we four brother and sisters, there is not a single moment when I think that she could have done better, food was always on time, the decessions were perfect, she had all the answers, she was perfect, the perfect balance in life about everything. When I asked by angels , their reply was - Mom you are the super mom. So I guess........., for every child his/her mother is the Super Mom. Just being Mom itself being super Mom. This goes out to all those mothers in the entire world, their is no parameter to being super Mom, JUST BEING A MOM IS BEING A SUPER MOM.

thanks
    geetanjali

4. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Saigeetha,

Entries should be posted only in this thread for it to qualify for the contest.

Thank you.

5. arthimahalakshm

arthimahalakshm Gold IL'ite

mom-this word itself has some magic.mother is always a mother only.it doesn't matter if she is a supermom or ordinary mom.she always work hard for the betterment of her child/children.she is just like a burning candle which burns itself to lit the world.even though i'm a proud mother of two daughters, i would like to talk about my mother only.she is a simple principled and pious lady.she has spent her entire life in bringing up my aunt's (her sis-in-law's)four daughters apart from myself my sister and my brother.today my cousins are well settled.we are also doing good.at the age of 60+ my mother binds all of us as the trunk of a huge banyan tree.even she has become mother for her sons-in-law.: whenever i ask her that what she wants from us she always says you(we-children) discharge your duty without any expectation from your children.at this time of typing my mother is being treated in a hospital for her heart ailment. now our prayer to God is: we want our mother for some more years to guide us properly.we need her for her blessings.we seek her as our mental support.we need her for our emotional bonding.the grand children need her for the unconditional love that she showers on them.O GOD, please help us to have her and serve her for some more years.if not please help her to leave this world peacefully without much sufferings.
    when it comes to my role as a mother,as my daughters are doing good everywhere i'm a satisfied mother.as my profession is teaching,it is easy for me to teach the moral values which i l have learnt from my mother.
    dear friends if possible pray for my mother.

6. mariammazher

mariammazher New IL'ite

Hi,

I was just 19 and not prepared for the wedding but being the eldest and sister of 3, had to agree with the decision of getting married. I was still studying my fiancee promised that I would not have to discontinue my studies.

we got married and the same month I got pregnant, just a day before I delievered my baby I attended my classes and after 12 days was my semester exams with all this hardships i completed my degree with distinctions and my son was 9 months old. Having an B.E., degree I started to find jobs and was not intrested in being wife or a mother. As my husband was in gulf I lived with my parents and my mother was almost a mother for my child.

After 3 months of struggle finally I had got my dream job, but where does things happen as we want it. Then my husband wanted me to join him immediatley and my parents also supported him. The same month I came here, just after 2 months I was pregnant again. Nobody understood what I was going through everybody were rejoicing. I couldn't give quality time for the first child I was not intrested in parenting, my only goal was to work.

I was so much frustrated with this that I left my 6 months old baby with my parents and came back with my elder son and put him in a play school and started to search for jobs, my luck was not favouring me. Everybody wanted experience, but how would a fresher get experience. It became a daily routine I used to go everyday to almost all possible places where I felt I could do their job and distributed my CV's as though I was leaving news papers at the door steps.

That was my history and today is the day, I'm mother of 3, still wanting to work but trying to be a good mom but still wishes that if I could go back and spend the quality time with my kids which I wasted cribbing and cursing for things not happening my way and blaming my kids for what had happened.

Dear friends, just be happy for what you have treassure the moments of your children its no point crying over the spilt milk. I still wish I could go to their childhood and made the memorable moments of life.

7. csaigeetha

csaigeetha New IL'ite

Mine is as complicated as the above one! I was lucky enough to get a job soon after my graduations in that case. My hus is working in Indian Army and was unable to take me with him to the present place of posting! So job was a great relief for me and I was one among those ladies who had an opportunity to live in hostel after my marriage. Recession hit me hard and i lost my job and started trying for jobs. I would never go for a govt service since i hate the way they worked but this loneliness hit me so badly that I had to make up my mind to appear for written test for a govt job. The condition was 1 year training and then one year probation if selected. I was very casual, went for 10 clock written test at 10.30... But it never changed. My hus got the quarters and I was ready to go when I got selected and my appointment letter in hand.

One month after training, I understood tat I was 2 months pregnant. noone near me where the training ws going on and literally starving bcoz of the difference in taste in food, I hhad a tough time.Till my eigth month, I suffered and thought atleast should give some imp for my kid growing up with literally no nutritions. after my eigth month, i reached my house where i was totaly cared of. Hope that one and half month nutrition is what my kid has really got! All the time when I wanted to leave the job and come , my parents , inlaws and my hus wont allow me to. I silently suffered. For them , it was a govt job wich seldom someone gets.....

After delivery also, in two months i had to join as I didnt have maternity leave as I was in training. My baby would wait for me from 7.30 in the morning till 9.00 in the night for the milk.... my inlaws , this time came with me and started taking care of her. My SIL was leaving to Malta for job where her hus also works and left her son with us.. Now, it was a different situation. er son was 2 years old and mine 2 months. Both needed affection and here u can never be partial. Thus now quality time I get after my job is also being spent in 2 halves.

How I wish to throw away the job, take care of my daughter myself giving the whole time in this world to her! I could just sigh in my incapability. Still, wenever i feel low , I just look into my SIL son's face and think atleast I am there for my kid nearer to her and get recharged up for both the kids.

Sadest part is - Now my daughter is one year old and she recognises me for only milk. She cals everyone amma and I being guilty just could lend a tear for myself. I know i am missing the great honour of being a mother and hope one day when my kid grows up, she would understand my situation and pardon me for the worst mistake I did to her........

I am not a supermom but my daughter is a super daughter! She hates to see me crying! And thats why am here with all smiles..... LOVE HER SO MUCH

1 person likes this.
  8. manasa_gs

manasa_gs Senior IL'ite

Dear Arthi,
    MY prayers for your mom, i pray that she recovers and lives for some more years.

9. arthimahalakshm

arthimahalakshm Gold IL'ite

thank you friend.
    my daughter's name is arthi.i'm mrs.Radha sriram.

10. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Mom, Amma, Ma, whatever name a kid calls his or her mother, the very first time, it rejoices the woman, who have underwent lots of hardships during the pregnancy and after the delivery. Being a mother of two, I have had two such wonderful moments. It is true that atleast in my case that a women becomes complete only when she becomes a mother. I had to wait for 4 long years after marriage (with 2 miscarriages) to hold my daughter in my hand. All the 3 years before I got pregnant, stares and questions followed me wherever I went. But as ever I kept telling who ever asked me that God knows when to give me what and I am just going on. But the pains their words and stares gave me can never be told out loud.

My first pregnancy started with a mystery. I didnot get my periods and was sure that I have conceived but all the urine tests showed negative results. Even the lab results showed the same not just the pregnancy test kit. Then after a doctor's recomendation, I took up blood test, which confirmed I am pregnant. My scan results came as a shock as the growth of the baby was not according the week. So the doctor, recomended second scan in another 10 days time and I was given medication to help that. Thank God by the second scan, the baby showed some real good growth (and I was allowed to continue the pregnancy). Though not much of bed rest or other special care was needed, I was taken real good care by my mom-in-law for the first trimester in spite of her illness. And as her conditions worsened she asked me parents to take me to their home and take care of me. But unlucky me (I had drenched in her love and affection for 4 years and she was a second mom not my mom-in-law), she passed away when I was 5 months pregnant. Just the day before she passed away, I had been for a scan and we had passed on the message of my scan results to her. (She was in hospital).

All through my first pregnancy, I didnot have much of morning sickness or any other specific trouble except mental stress and agony due to my mother inlaws passing away. Still, I had a strong belief that my mom-in-law will be born again as my daughter or son. And during delivery, complications arised and the baby started loosing heart beat whenever my contactions become stronger. So doctor advised an emergency c-section. And atlast, I was so happy to hear the sound of my baby's cry. Got more happier when doctor announced that it is a baby girl. My second pregancy was totally opposite with high amount of vomitting and morning sickness till the end. And my second delivery was a normal delivery and we were proud parents of a baby boy.

My daughter who was then 4 1/2 years old, when my son was born, loved her baby brother just like anything and she became the second mother to him taking care of her baby brother. (May be all girls are born with inborn motherly instincts). I had never wanted to be a career women, though I prefer to work from home whenever I have time. I am very happy that I have been blessed with such a family situation. Till my son is born, I was able to give a high amount of quality time to my daughter. We used to play, sing, dance and do a lot of things together. (And ofcourse me and my kids did the same thing after my son was born, but my daughter spent more time with her brother and was teaching all that I have taught her).

Before starting to write this post, I was interviewing my daughter (who is 10 years old now) about her idea of a super mom. Spat came her reply, you are a super mom. When I asked her why she say so? Her reply is: You play with us, you cook us all that we ask you, you help us learn so many things, you listen to us whenever we want to talk to you, you are our best friend to whom we can share everything and anything. You make us think and you help us find solutions for any difficult situations we face. She also added you know amma, many of my friends want to have a mother just like you who will be their best friend. But personally, I am not so sure whether doing all this I can be considered a super mom. I would say, I am a highly satisfied mom.

I am so proud to say that my mom and mom-in-law both are super moms in their own way. And I am sure my daughter will be a super mom herself when she reaches that stage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.