1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mother's day contest-My three gems

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Apr 22, 2009.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

Mother’s day contest –My three gems

Bringing up a child is a boon bestowed upon a mother by God. Though both mother and father are responsible for bringing up a child, mostly mother shoulders the major responsibility. Mother is the living God on earth to children.
    My mother to whom I dedicate this was a role model not only to me, but to all our relatives. Though she was not highly educated, she had the worldly wisdom and also was flexible. She adapted herself to the twenty first century and so was loved by all. She stood like a rock during adversities and was a role model to us.
    Before marriage I was working at Chennai. After marriage I had shifted to North India and I resigned my job as for my mil’s wish.When my third child was seven years old, thinking about the future of our children my husband and I took the decision that I should go for a job. Luckily in my husband’s company itself I got a job with my previous experience. I was so lucky that I was asked to join on the same day of my interview. With fear in heart I broke the subject to my mother in law. She told me that if we were so determined, I could join on condition that I should manage everything on my own without expecting any help from her. I agreed to her condition and joined duty on the same day.
    On those days I was very frail and quite a weakling; in spite of it with my will power I managed everything. I had shift duty that was a boon for me. I struggled for 16 years doing shift duties.
    We were blessed that our children were very much co-operative. In fact we both husband and wife were role model to our children. We never used to tell them do this and don’t do this. They have not missed anything because of having a working mother. They took part in all cultural activities. Every year my daughter used to participate in the music competition and never used to come empty handed. Consecutively three years she won the first prize in Bharathiyar songs music competition and she won the rolling shield. My elder and younger son also had learned violin and mridangam..
    My elder son was the student of Madras Christian College where he did his under and post graduate courses. He was staying in the hostel. When we put him in the hostel people were telling that it was difficult to come out of the college without falling to bad habits. Their prediction proved false. He came out with flying colours, praised both by college staff and students. He used to give coaching to weaker students. One of them came to my daughter’s house when I went on a visit. He was from a backward community. He prostrated before me and told me that he was very much indebted to my son, for without his coaching he would not have got his degree When I heard these words from that student I became so emotional and experienced the virtual meaning of the Thirukural, “ EenRa pozuthinum perithuvakkum than makan sanRon enak ketta Thai.” The meaning is: A mother will feel happy when she gives birth to a son. But she will feel happier than that when someone praises him for his good virtues.
    Another incident also happened to prove this. When he was in his final year of his post graduation, his professor was admitted in hospital and he was with him attending to him. But unfortunately he died and through his wife I came to know about this incident. After finishing post graduation he opted to work with a friend whose father was a software consultant. He had the consultancy office at Agra. He was a pioneer in introducing software in shoe manufacturing and other manufacturing companies in UP. My son had slogged in his consultancy working for more than 16 hours a day and was paid a meager salary which was just enough for his upkeep. After three years he realized that there was no use of working for him. He told us that he was thinking of quitting and was thinking to find a new job. He told that though he had work experience, possessing an M.Sc statistics qualification would not fetch him a good job. Then we told him that we were willing to finance him if he wanted to pursue management course. My second son who had finished his management course had started working by then, also volunteered to help him if he wanted to study further. But my son told that he would think about it if he failed to get a good job. But within a month he got a good job at Texas Instruments at Bangalore and he was sent for project work to US within two months of joining. After that no looking back and he is now settled at US with a small family of two sons and wife.
    My second son had written IIT entrance and REC entrance, but was unsuccessful and was heartbroken for he worked too hard for it. When I went to Chennai my brother had told me that he was trying to get admission for his son in a private engineering college by paying capitation fee. I asked my son if he wanted to join I could try for him. He told that he only wanted to join through his own merit, not by depriving someone else’s seat and enter through back door. But later he got seat in Anna University on merit in other state’s quota. This proved that God helps people who are earnest and truthful. Thus he did his BE at Anna University and MBA at the prestigious IIM Ahemadabad. He has a son and he and his wife decided to adopt a girl baby and for that they were even willing to discard their green card. They adopted a three month old baby from Pune and for her sake they had to be in India until the child completed two years. Though they are at US at present, they prefer to go back and settle in India.
    My daughter who is the eldest of my children was married off when she was 22 and the Lord had blessed her with two sons. I do not think her as my daughter, but as a friend, philosopher and guide.Not only to me, but she is a friend and philosopher to all her friends. She is doing voluntary service also and also helping those in need.
    In my opinion a mother should neither be too strict nor too lenient. She should give freedom to her children just like a cow tied to a pole with a long rope. She should make them understand not to cross the Lakshman reka.
    Whenever your children stumble give them your hand and when you find them doing a good deed appreciate them. I am proud to be a mother of three gems.

Be a happy mother with happy children!

Hail Mother’s Day!

2. kaaya

kaaya Junior IL'ite

Thank you PS. Its a beautiful blog about your life and you sure are a happy mom as I am sure your children would be too.

3. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear pushspavalli,
    Blessed is the mother who has lovely 3 gems,blessed are the children who have divine lady like you to be mom.

Thank the Divine for this wonderful family.
    Jaya

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear pushpa mam,

enjoyed your blog and loved your advice to all mothers :thumbsup

love
    MINDI

5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear kaaya.
    Thank you for your sweet comments. By God's Grace my children are happy and so we parents are also happy seeing them.
    Love,
    PS

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Jaya,
    Thank you for your good wishes. I am thankful to THE LORD for His bountiful benevolence He had showered upon our family!
    Love,
    PS

7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Mindi,
    My only aim is to share my experience with all. Thanks for liking my blog.
    Love,
    PS

8. CrocodileTales

CrocodileTales New IL'ite

Kudos and congratulations on doing a wonderful job as a mother. The most challenging job of them all, really!!

9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear CT,
    Thank you for your appreciation.
    LOve,
    PS

10. csailaja

csailaja Senior IL'ite

Mam,

:bowdown you have a wonderful family.
    God bless you and your family.

Radhika