1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Most Unromantic Thing your Husband Did

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by DGcreative, Jul 19, 2012.

1. nidhijoshi

nidhijoshi Silver IL'ite

My hubby never appreciates these so called lovely lingeres....he says...oh i cant say wat he says......its just too....but yes many times the expected never happens so i have started clearly communicating what i want...still road bumps keep happening...

3 people like this.
  2. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

oh my god! how i thought i was married to a unromantic guy but i guess there are lot of his breed out there!!
    my dh married me after pursuing me for quite some time so i used to think he would be very romantic but all my ideas were crashed soon after marriage.
    once i made his fav dishes and thought we will have candle light dinner at home so brought some very expensive designer candles. when the door bell rang and i opened the door smiling , he came in , saw here n there and said , no light???:bonk:rant, i said no, he was like then why have u put so many candles :drowning
    i told him i have planned a candle light dinner! still he could not get why did i buy so many candles !!! the romantic dinner turned into a quite one with me brooding over the food and he trying to cheer me up!

but i guess one more funny thing which i forgot to mention was once he came home and there was no light , i had placed a candle on candle stand on the dining table in hall , he saw it and trying hard not to repeat his past mistake , said , wow candle light dinner !!:rant
    i was just amused because that day we really had power cut :rotfl:rotfl

10 people like this.
  3. aashuabhi

aashuabhi Gold IL'ite

My DH also said the same thing in allepey..
    he never gifts me anything after marriage and when i ask him you didn't gift me then he is like you take my card and shop for yourself :bonk

12 people like this.
  4. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

oh yes and lingerie!!:hide:
    i brought a very pretty see through 5 piece and my friend had suggested it is very nice and when u take off every garment one by one it is very sexy!! she had done that in her honeymoon and her hubby was completely blown over!
    but when i thought i was doing my sexy strip tease , my dh was like why r u wearing so many clothes :bonk:rant:rotfl, its so irritating to take off all these clothes !

58 people like this.
  5. aashuabhi

aashuabhi Gold IL'ite

Oh Cutemonster.. its so hilarious :rotfl :rotfl

3 people like this.
  6. PriyaDominic

PriyaDominic Gold IL'ite

Men!! they are soo much alike in all these aspects!!

1 person likes this.
  7. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Great idea DGCreative....Makes me feel glad that I am not the only one dealing with a buddhu (fool) when it comes to romance.... I have complained about it to him so many times and he always replies...."If I am unromantic why can't you be romantic...why should the guy always do the hard-work, why can't you do it...." yada, yada and lots of other crap. He actually turns into a discussion around women's liberation and says that you girls want equality but when it comes to romance, you want us guys to do all the hard-work... (I know he is very smart).
    This year, on his birthday I had planned a surprise birthday party, which was a huge hit. After the party was over he told me that this was his best birthday ever, and he would make sure that he would make my birthday very special for me. And you know what he actually forgot my birthday! He went to work and then realized that it was my birthday and called me up from work and wished me I was royally pissed! Partly because he had himself promised me big things, what probably irritated me more was that my Mil is visiting and I had to spend my birthday at home with him. Later in the evening the three of us went out for dinner and my Mil went into this whole spiel about how lucky I am my husband is taking me out for dinner on my birthday etc, etc....so that angered me further. Later in the night when my husband was trying to pacify me and apologize for forgetting my birthday this is what he says "For me everyday is your birthday and not just today...." when I asked him if he had got any gift for me he said "Materialistic people believe in all these things, I know you are not materialistic" Well this is just one instance. In short he has an answer ready for everything =)

29 people like this.
  8. priyaashu

priyaashu Senior IL'ite

HI All... I went through all the funny unromantic things that hubby's do.... and i consoled myself saying i am not the only soul suffering:)

Well there are lot of experiences to share of my unromantic hubby... but just starting of with the first one... i like holding partner's hands while going out or while having a walk... so we were newly married at that time and we were out... we had to cross the roads and i was all set to hold my hubby's hands and did.... and to my surprise what do i see... he said please dont misbehave in public...:bonk
    Now what to say... from that day till now i never hold his hands even when we are at home:(

18 people like this.
  9. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

OMG, cute monster, I am laughing out loud reading your this post and the above one.It is very very funny, I am trying to imagine your face reaction for the above ones.

4 people like this.
  10. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

oh arch that reminds me of my 1st bday after marriage. Lucky atleast he tried to gift me something. He "hid" the gift n flowers in room only. I actually ended up pretending I didnt c it n acted suprisingly happy :)