1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Most Unromantic Thing your Husband Did

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by DGcreative, Jul 19, 2012.

1. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

No, he has a very good idea -

If you ask him why in a pot, he can say "I want to give you a living rose because the rose means my love for you is living and breathing and long term" :)

And for himself, he is thinking "whenever she asks the next time, I can just pluck one from the balcony "

3 people like this.
  2. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

haha, i don't know if he will say those now... before marriage, he used to exclusively give me white chocolates because he said that's how his love for me- "sweet and pure"... i never liked white chocolates then but still ate them because its from him... as for potted rose (with grocery price sticker still attached), it just irks me... India, NZ, and now Canada, his excuse is always the same- he can't find a florist or the florist is close.

3. Vanilasky

Vanilasky Silver IL'ite

"100 ways to kill the romance or spoil the mood " - I vl soon write a book and dedicate it to my DH. He buys me whatever I need but hates surprises . In the 8 years of marriage he had given once a bday gift as surprise and that also forced by his friends . During my first bday after marriage I told DH that we can go to temple in the morning , have breakfast at home and then go out for a movie , then lunch, beach and asked him to book a suite ( we don't get privacy at inlaws house) for the night and a romantic candle light dinner. This was my wish list. Reality - Mil suggested DH to call all his relatives and ordered traditional sadya ( feast) . He as a mummas boy gave me a big surprise by cancelling the suite room and I came to knew abt it only after returning from temple. I was surrounded by unknown relatives from 10am - 4 pm. He asked me to cut the cake but he didn't give me a single piece and by the time he remembered cake was over.

Then came the first wedding anniversary. I was 8 months preg. Just 1 week before anniversary he had called me and asked how are you molu and hw is our baby?? I replied by gods grace me and baby is fine. Till now I don't know what was the problem with my reply that he got angry and cut the call and didn't called me for 2 days. After 2-3 months he told me that he had called me that day to inform that he is coming to celebrate anniversary together which didn't happen as he cancelled the tickets:bang instead my inlaws , BIL, DH 's uncle , auntie and their son, DIL etc came on our anniversary and spoiled my lunch plan to go outside with my mom and brother. Poor my mom was in the kitchen from mng to prepare feast for all of them.

Years passed and he went on doing many unromantic things one after another. Just quoting latest incident . Few years back he used to ask me to try sexy night wears . Recently I bought one and wanted to surprise him . Made DS to bed early and decorated hall with scented candles ( DH was inside his laptop so's didn't knew what's happening in the house) and asked him to come to hall after switching the laptop off. Whenhe saw me wearing thesexy nightwear his reaction was " wats this y r u wearing these type of dresses " what will happen if the kid gets up and see u like this"" how did u forget that v r not teenage couple but a responsible parents" :drowning :bang:rantWitsendWhat to do with him . Till that day he didn't knew what will we do if the kid woke up . Suddenly seeing this dress he became over conscious .Later he tried to patch up and asked me to wear it again but am still angry with him and won't give up so easily this time.

4 people like this.
  4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

@Vanilasky.....take the night dress out ,wave it around and take it to the bathroom....close the door and after a 15 minutes ,come out wearing pyjama kurta......laugh1smileylaugh1smiley

10 people like this.
  5. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

@kiranavvari
    He has just won a FIRST PRIZE from me, for his unbelivable comprehending skills and his out-of-the-dabba thinking..... kneesmiley

1 person likes this.
  6. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Satya wachan! kneesmiley

1 person likes this.
  7. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Whenever I ask a question that elicits a possibly contentious opinion from him (haven't I slimmed down? dont I bake the best cakes? And such) he immediately asks "do you want the right answer or the truth?"

After he asks that, even the 'right' answer loses its lusture. Sigh!

7 people like this.
  8. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

OMG, Sandhya! Hilarious. Have you thought about stepping into the snippets section? You do have great sense of humour.
    Right at the beginning of our marriage, I realised DH has no idea about gift giving. I usually send him links of stuff that I want. I've seen improvement over time. I never even have to email him a wish list anymore. After living with me for this long, he pretty much knows what I like!

9. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

The gifts I recd toaster oven, digital photo frame to name a few and few other electronics that I don't know how to operate .....

3 people like this.
  10. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

true... my dh gonna gift digital camera with some lese and focus something i dont understand... some SLR thing..... i said i want hair straightener... he said no no camera is better... i ask then why is it my gift... its his gift he gifting me...

1 person likes this.