Most unforgettable incident in my life

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by msiyer2002, Sep 28, 2009.

1. msiyer2002

msiyer2002 New IL'ite

Hi everybody. Thought to start this thread as each and every one of you would have an most unforgettable experience in your lifes. This would be very intersting to share. To begin with let me narrate my most unforgettable experience in my life.

This was somewhere during the month of October 2008, when i was travelling from Chennai to Pune after visiting my in-laws place for diwali. I landed pune airport at around 10:00 p.m. I was having one luggage and one plastic bag. Incidentally I kept my purse in the plastic hand bag since I thought I would need a change to give for giving the Auto Fare. The main mistake I did was i did not took the Pre-paid Auto and thought I shall go out of the Airport and hire an auto as that would be cheaper. (The Auto fare at pune is very exhorbitant- one need to negotiate a lot with them). I took the trolley and kept the plastic hand bag on the top of the trolley and put my hand bag below. Luckily I got the
    Auto to go to Kothrud and I boarded the auto. Immediately I noticed that I missed my Hand bag so I told the Auto driver to take back to the Airport. The Bag was missing. I asked everyone over there. Few people told me that one guy was taking the trolley which did had the handbag. I went and checked with the Airport Manager. He was good. He went and called the Airport staff and checked with all of them but in vain. The purse contain around Rs. 1500/-, My Credit Card, My Pan Card, My RC Book etc.
    Meanwhile my wife called me up to check whether I reached Pune. I narrated the incident and told her to block my Credit Card. The airport manager told me to report the case to the police. There is a police station attached to the Airport but at that time (now around 11:30 p.m.) no one was there except one or two persons who have directed me to the main police station around 2 Kilometer from the Airport. I came back to the Airport and told the Manager that there is no one over there and also told him that some people directed me to the main police station. The Airport Manager was very kind enough. He took my details and told me that he will get the same checked throught the hidden camera if it has recorded who took the bag. He also gave me Rs. 500/- and told me that you go to Police STation and register a complaint and then go home as there is no point in waiting over there. I hired a prepaid auto and went to the Police station and recorded the theft of my purse. They have just done an noting and no FIR has been lodged. I went home at around 1:30 a.m. (In the night).

The Important thing I want to mention here is about the Airport Manager. Without any hesitation he gave me Rs. 500 at that moment. AFter few days I went to repay hsi money to the Airport again during which time he was not available. I asked the officer on duty about his wherabouts. I told him that I have to repay the money. He was surprised that such people exist who gave money to the unknown people. He immediately connected me the the Airport Manager who helped me. I spoke to him and thanked him for his kind help. He also told me that he checked in the camera but that incident was not captured. I told him that I have come to repay the money. On his advise I have given the money to the person incharge during that time.

I salute the Airport manager who is very kind and helpful. Only few such people have the attitude to help others. The Airport Manager was not even bothered whether he will get his money or not. Selfless helpful attitude. This incident has taught me a great lesson. Do help the needy without thinking about the returns. God will help u. In future henceforth I alwasy hire a prepaid vehicle only even it cost little bit more.

Even One year has passed after this even but it is still afresh in my mind.

Thanks and regards

2. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

Sorry abt your bad experience.

Its really nice to know they are some genuinely nice ppl around :thumbsup

Well had a similier one as well... I was in the mall shopping and just playing around with my nephew in one of those toy rides.... I suddenly remember that one of my Diamond ear ring was missing, might has just fallen some where, I went around the whole mall searching for it but in vain.. I lost hopes that I will ever find it .... It was expensive one and i was so disappointed :hide:

Just then i heard the mall announcement that they found a piece of jewellery and the person can come and identify and take it ... I was like YES ...when i went to the person and showed him my other ear ring and they gave it back to me and sd they was this women who found it and thought it was genuine one, and reqested the manager to make an announcement.

Though i could not meet her as she left, but always be thankful to her.