1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

mosquito coils and liquidators

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by Priyathama, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

take the earthware basin ( vessel) and put the red hot coal in it and topped by neem leaves and on top of neem leaves add turmeric powder.
    This is good for our respiration and also all mosquitos will run out

2 people like this.
  2. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

I bought an indoor plant called "lemon grass" plant and that gardener told me that it is best and acts as a mosquito repellent. The plant needs only half a day sun light and in the evening you can keep the plant in your bedroom. If you want to do so, then do not water it in the evening time. Watering small amount in the morning itself is enough.
    I tried keeping it as my balcony garden and i found not even a single mosquito near that. The nice lemon aroma comes from the grass keeps the mosquito away it seems.

3 people like this.
  3. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

I get head ache when i sleep with the liquidator on in a closed room.

On a lighter note, "ALL OUT" - ஆள் அவுட்.

2 people like this.
  4. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

yeah bhucat. Lemon grass plays a good role in keeping the musquitoes away. In the natural musquito repellant liquid called nimmit they mix lemon grass oil too. It is available in nilgri stores in chennai.

2 people like this.
  5. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

In earthware vessels ( small) fill with Shikakai ( shikakai ( Hindi: शिकाकाई, śikākāī; Kannada: ಸಿಗೆಕಾಯಿ; Tamil: சிகைக்காய் - literally "hair-fruit", sigai=tresses and kaay=fruit;) "fruit for hair" in its use as a traditional shampoo) and light a Camphor ( Karpur) on top. within minutes all the mosquitos will run out

2 people like this.
  6. Priyathama

Priyathama Gold IL'ite

Yes Nija , camphor, agarbathi , sambrani etc are excellant mosquito repellents moreover the daily use brings positive energy in our home , Asthmatic patient must stay away while these things are burnt.

1 person likes this.
  7. Priyathama

Priyathama Gold IL'ite

i found one more thing effective in repelling the mosquitoes and flies , the incense stick our agarbathi, which brings positive energy in our house can also ward of the mosquitoes. Most probably that may be the reason for burnign incense in the evening while the lamps are lit.

8. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

Hey the camphor that we get in cities is not original one.its a petroleum product synthetic and only a coating is given for camphor they are not original and so they have bad effect in body if they are burnt

9. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Priyathama, incense sticks also use chemicals and it pollutes the air thus reduces the purity of oxygen you breathe. they may smell good but not good for your lungs & body. hence avoid using them in excess. there are other natural repellants that was discussed in IL. Do a search on the same.

1 person likes this.
  10. HEMASRIRANGAM

HEMASRIRANGAM Bronze IL'ite

For is alergy.Good night is o.k. My suggestions is evening 6'0 clock close door put GN for 3 hours,then off GN,it is effective in the night