1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Mornings Are Very Tough , How To Deal?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by VijayaRaghu, Aug 31, 2017.

1. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Can you check your hormonal numbers? Sometimes,any deificiency/disorder in the physical health mighht show itself in the mental state..

If possible get a full body check up done..Good luck to you..

sindmani and VijayaRaghu like this.
  2. VijayaRaghu

VijayaRaghu Silver IL'ite

@vedhikasankar , yes I have good friends. Even I am with group of friends I am still lost somewhere. I dont laugh or enjoy. Now a days I see little difference.

@prreeya , I found this book in my public library. For sure I will give a try.

@iamsrihere , I have scheduled for annuals in next 2 weeks, hope I will find out something.

I cant do yoga because of some health issues , strictly needs to avoid that per doctor. But thinking of meditation or something. In 2 week of October I have follow up visit, lets see what Dr thinks/ suggest.

sindmani likes this.
  3. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Sunlight may help. If possible, try to get out for a walk when you wake up. Sleep in a room such that you wake up to the light. Or, get a full-spectrum lamp for your bedside rather than an alarm. There are versions available that will slowly brighten (of course, I don't know whether you live in India or abroad).
    Good Luck - hope you conquer this!:beer-toast1:

sindmani likes this.
  4. VijayaRaghu

wow @sokanasanah , I never knew there are some lamps exists that can treat mental or physical health. I just googled it and and it sounds interesting. Will that really help ? I live in US. In my work lunch breaks, I used to take walk to catch some sun. In recent past, i stopped that. As you said, I better resume that habit.

sindmani, BhumiBabe and sokanasanah like this.
  5. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Not just during the day - try starting the day with a little activity and sunlight whenever possible (a walk will do. Get a dog maybe?!):wink1:. That will help reinforce your body clock. The effects of light and diurnal cycles are well documented, but poorly understood. Your body has an internal clock. It is best to keep that clock in sync with external cues such as dark-light cycles. This is important for both physical and psychological health. With the advent of electric lighting, we tend to ignore this.

This may not magically solve your health issues, but it can certainly be one segment on the road to wellness.

I follow my own advice. I never use an alarm. I wake up to sunlight (and the birds!) from my window. It is far gentler. The birds drive me nuts though. They wake up really early!:lol:

PS: if you do decide to try out a lamp, look for a full-spectrum lamp. A regular light-bulb is not the same.

Also consider:
    Do you think you are sleeping well? Do you feel rested?
    With your physician's input, think about having a sleep study done.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    VijayaRaghu likes this.
  6. VijayaRaghu

@prreeya , I got this book last night. Can you please share a little information about what you changed and how it helped. I started reading this book last night, its solid book with lot pages. I am thinking to start from second-half where it has dietary change advice i guess. But can you please suggest me on how to move on this book.

Regards,
    Vijaya

7. ShabnamF

ShabnamF Gold IL'ite

Yes, early mornings are especially very difficult. A depressed mind sees nothing but a difficult day and uninteresting things to look forward to. The only thing that worked for me is I plan to do things that I find interesting, anything that can make my day even a little better. Breathing exercises or meditation helps too, try looking up mindful breathing.

A pounding heart, being scared and nervous are all symptoms of Anxiety. Try to understand what is causing the anxiety, is it the thought of going through another difficult day? For me understanding the cause or even concentrating on trying to understand used to be an extremely difficult task, even now it is. But eventually you have to understand what is causing all this to overcome depression.

This is quite common with depression. Don't overwhelm yourself by trying to do things that are difficult, go easy on yourself.

Another symptom of depression. I hang out with my friends only because I don't want to lose them, they have been really good to me. I hardly tell anyone about my depression, there is so much stigma attached to depression that it makes it very hard for the depressed to talk about it. I fortunately have a friend who suffered from depression earlier and now tries to help me. I owe my life to her, she is my lifeline.

There is no denying that Depression is difficult, but hang in there buddy, now that you are on medication I am hoping that your symptoms have become easier to handle. Once you are much better your doctor will suggest therapy. Find yourself a friend who will listen to you without judging you, sometimes all we need is that, to talk and know that you will not be judged for what you say.

You can message me if you need to share. All the best.

VijayaRaghu likes this.
  8. VijayaRaghu

Thanks for your reply and suggestions @ShabnamF ! I see kind of noticeable difference with the help of medication. Its getting much better. But still not completely or not a major change . But onething I am noticing is, I started laughing and enjoying a bit. Last weekend me and my husband went to shopping with kids. I dont like shopping at all, but still me and kids were having fun playing in shops and laughing loud. After many many years I only asked my husband for movie outing. Mornings are also very slightly improving . Hope it gets better. My annuals coming up in few more days. Hope I will also find out reason for my daily dizziness too.

ShabnamF and sindmani like this.