1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Mornings Are Very Tough , How To Deal?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by VijayaRaghu, Aug 31, 2017.

1. VijayaRaghu

VijayaRaghu Silver IL'ite

When dealing with depression, are mornings tough? Or it is happening with me only. I am just scared to open my eyes in the morning. I tried many ways and also by playing music as soon as I wake up, still it’s not easy. I just feel stomach is empty and heart beating is very high and I feel so scared and nervous inside. How to overcome this friends?

Regards,
    Vijaya

2. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Op, learn yoga and meditation. If needed go for counselling. Depression is not a disease. It is a state of mind. Find out the reason for depression and try to change into positive thinking

VijayaRaghu likes this.
  3. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

When dealing with depression, any part of the day can be tough. It just varies for people.

Identify the reason for depression.
    Find resolution.
    If resolution is tough, find alternative means to make yourself feel better.

When you open your eyes in the morning, think about something to look forward to that day.

Like..
    Yoga, meditation, dance, walk, run, jump, or any form of exercise is very good. As it releases happy hormones.
    Get a hobby, something that really interests you n start it.
    Study or join a new job. Or something new.
    Start making plans n go out with friends / family.
    Take a vacation alone or with company.

If you are not able to help yourself, go to a counsellor and follow their treatment plan.

VijayaRaghu, Sandycandy and sindmani like this.
  4. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

I assume you are seeking help for your depression , if not do that right away. Start the morning with good music or turn on your TV, hopefully that will take your mind off any negative thoughts .
    Take care !

VijayaRaghu likes this.
  5. VijayaRaghu

Thank you @sindmani , @ashneys , @Sandycandy , for your replies. I tried every thing to change routine and all like playing music, playing games , etc. Nothing helped me, so finally started depression medication. I thought it was helping, might be psychologically. But right after 3rd day, i am back to same state. Of course rest of the day is also tough, but morning are pathetic. I hear my own hear beat. I am really trying to be as strong as I can and be positive with family. Hope i will bounce back.

Sandycandy likes this.
  6. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

My wishes to you to bounce back happy and cheerful. About the medication if u have any side effects then consult ur doctor itself. See a counsellor too to talk ur heart out

VijayaRaghu likes this.
  7. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Talk to your doctor about changing the medications since it is not helping. Try meditation , chanting etc. I am sure you will bounce back. Please take care.

VijayaRaghu and sindmani like this.
  8. VijayaRaghu

@Sandycandy , Doctor mentioned it will take at least 1 month to see the results. What I observed is, any tiny thing also makes me down. Till few months back music use to really help me a lot, now not anymore. So talking to husband when I am really feeling low and venting what I am feeling. Weird thing is , sometimes I don't even understand what is making me upset. I just feel like to cry non stop. But for sure, in this week i see some improvement on that part(very less crying). I was looking for some suggestions, if someone has faced the same situation in the morning and what worked for them.

9. vedhikasankar

vedhikasankar Senior IL'ite

spend with your friends ..celebrate each and every moment in your life

VijayaRaghu likes this.
  10. prreeya

prreeya Silver IL'ite

Hi Vijaya
    I was prescribed with anti depressant but before taking it, i thought to read about it.
    I came across one book called "Mind of your own", I didn't got those tablets for me instead i started making certain changes in routine.
    Please go through this book once and make some changes in diet.

VijayaRaghu likes this.