1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

More Worried!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Nov 21, 2011.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

He started late again, as usual from his office and cursed his manager, sub-ordinates and even the security guards for it. Most often, he wondered if he would ever start the day in the morning like 90% of the world did. He knew what he was losing - the appetite, proper sleep, good companions outside office - to name a few.

Thank God, he wasn't married. Being the only son to his parents and born very much later, he was four generations apart from them. They may not have been the richest and provided all that he wanted, yet, they never failed to give him whatever they could, without complaining even once. He was thinking about all this while coming back home, when the train stopped one station before his place, for a longer time.

"Heck!", he was losing his patience and muttered a few expletives to himself and called home, to tell them that he was even more delayed. Finally, the train started and he got down soon, heaving a sigh. "There is nothing much to say, if a half hour journey takes twice the time!", he thought. As he went near the junction from which his house was about 200 feet away, he saw an old man who waved, while excusing himself to a sentry, with whom he was talking to. "He will never change!", he said to himself and went and touched him. "Pappa! lets go home!", he said. "Ha! At last! Why are you coming so late, dear? Can't you change to a better job?", his father asked. He asked that question every single day.

As they reached home, his mom opened the door before even they knocked once. "Sorry mom!" he said. While serving him dinner she said, "I was more concerned about your father - he left home about an hour ago!".

2. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

nice... of course she has more reasons to worry about her husband than her young son

3. rgsrinivasan

Wow! That was so fast! Thanks for your quick response Tuffyshri. And yes, what you said is what I intended to convey. -rgs

4. AkhilaaSaras

AkhilaaSaras Gold IL'ite

Hi RGS.... Good noon
    how many ever children she gets husband is first child rite so obvious she will be worried about him first...

5. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

A cute love story!! the respect and love he has for his parents, a father's love for his son, a loving mom and devoted wife who is worried about her husband's health and well being in a ripe old age!! sweet!!

Akila

6. rgsrinivasan

Thats right AkhilaaSaras. Thanks for your nice feedback. -rgs

7. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Akila, for your nice feedback and appreciation. -rgs

8. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Rgs, This is like what exactly happens with me at home, though I dnt travel by train. I could relate with it totally. Nice narration!!

9. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Pallavi4me, for your appreciation. Our parents do so much to us and I just thought of bringing it in a subtler way. Happy to receive your feedback. -rgs

10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

If the life is a circle, both husband and wife are the center point of the circle. The children are closest inner circle, followed by extended family, friends, etc.