1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Moon Songs

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by Cheeniya, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Magarayaazh

Magarayaazh New IL'ite

Film: Police Karan Magal

Film: Kunguma Chimizh

Film: Mouna Raagam

Film: Johnny

Shanvy and GeetaKashyap like this.
  2. Magarayaazh

Magarayaazh New IL'ite

Film: Moodupani

Film: Patina pravesam

Film: Payanangal Mudivadhilai

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

This is very much a filmi song, Geeta! From the Pakistani movie, Dupatta (1952), sung by the Malika-e-tarannum (Queen of melody) Noor Jahan. I like the remix but the plethora of electronic instruments diminish the beauty of the composition. The original is special because of the minimalist orchestra, and the legendary talent of Noor Jahan.

GeetaKashyap and Shanvy like this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

lovely songs..joinging the list..

Gauri03 and GeetaKashyap like this.
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

a few more.. favorites..again..

(it plays on loop if I start..)

a non filmi. but a beautiful soothing lullaby like tune..

Gauri03 and GeetaKashyap like this.
  6. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Hats off to you, Gauri. Thanks for enlightening me. :hearteyes:

Gauri03 likes this.
  7. Blinky

Blinky Bronze IL'ite

I know NO songs for their melody or rhyme. I hear very less of music. The ones I hear are also heard less for their fourier composition but more for their peculiarity, anything stylized and catchy with the artist's spin. With that understanding, here's a moon song by Waterboys I enjoy for the lyrics.

I pictured a rainbow
    You held it in your hands
    I had flashes
    But you saw the plan
    I wandered out in the world for years
    While you just stayed in your room
    I saw the crescent
    You saw the whole of the moon
    The whole of the moon

To me, the soft lyrics are about a beckoning model who inspires and provokes to rise up. They are ahead of you. They don't wave their pride but wink their ascendance. Reach up to me, he said, with tease and tutelage. The connect levers me up from my naivety. I infer a crescent in the sky and am confused whereas he grasps the full moon and baits me to surmount my ignorance.

I was grounded
    While you filled the skies
    I was dumbfounded by truth
    You cut through lies
    I saw the rain dirty valley
    You saw Brigadoon
    I saw the crescent

I still don't understand how he had ascertained that's a full moon and assured me to duly follow him.

I spoke about wings
    You just flew
    I wondered, I guessed and I tried
    You just knew
    I sighed
    But you swooned, I saw the crescent
    The whole of the moon

On reaching him, I am puzzled. Has it always been a full moon? I had imagined it as a crescent in my lag.

I adore the lyrical song with my self-expression grafted onto it of being hauled by an unfazed man who finds that burning potential although lacking direction to elevate me, the journey being arduous, but he reckons, I deserve the view of his full moon over my complacent partial moon. Life is fantastically incredible when such connects force themselves into each other's life. The aspiration of a full moon is worth it with him!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  8. Blinky

Blinky Bronze IL'ite

The next song isn't a moonlit swoon but a craterful of dashed hopes of Little Idiot travelling to Earth from Moon. I like such songs with soulful impressions in the accompanying visual. The song is about alienation, confusion, oddity of self-inquiry: is it me or is it the world around me?

When a musician takes up the persona of Moby because his great-great-great-grand uncle might have been Herman Melville, the author of Moby Dick, the playful work cannot be ordinary. Richard Melville Hall, the animation and song composer, used to sketch doodly figures of stupified alien bugs travelling to Earth. The idea of Little Idiot, a lonesome alien, sprung from one such doodle he repeatedly drew on the carrier bags of his record shop. A scribly token with the purchase.

I love the portrayal of this alien tourist descended from Moon, lost in the noise of the Earth, to eventually return to his beloved crater of solitude. Don't we all wish we had these boltholes, if not craters, to withdraw into when the noise of the world is competing and jarring. The featured moon song of 'Little Idiot' is my oblique contribution as I have no ear for moony melody.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018