1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Moon Boon Lord & Kozhukattai

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:heartening indeed to receive such a nice feedback.
    2. I am glad that you wrote here about memory of late president Mr Kalam.
    Equally glad to note your dad and dad's dad were engineers.
    4. There are some rare posts which tend to trigger analogue events and one develops irresistible urge to attempt to write. I am happy of your statement in this regard.
    Thanks and regards.

2. Thyagarajan

:hello:glad what you wrote here - your thoughts after reading the blog.
    2. I did sight the crescent but not the way my mom wanted. Anyway the purpose was achieved. Within a month of observing the vratha, there was announcement of merit com means scholarship for four including me.my mom's joy knew no bounds. She again made Kk and I carried it to MIT for distribution!
    3. My co tenants also blessed since then with three daughters in a row.
    Regards.

Gauri03 likes this.
  3. HazelPup

HazelPup Platinum IL'ite

Good narration. :) enjoyed reading as always

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

:hello:@Gauri03
    Thanks for liking my response .
    2. I must add here that though I observed vrad for exemption of fees but The Lord delighted mom and me by granting double happiness. The scholarship granted was for not only exemption of fees but also maintenance grant payable to me monthly from bharatmatha. Hence to be true to the salt I joined government service and retired from there. It was easy to go to Detroit where few of my class mates joined ford and other companies.
    Regards.

5. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Silver IL'ite

Despite being unfamiliar with the crescent moon veneration and sighting, I enjoyed your blow-by-blow narrative on your travails to mark the emergence of the whimsical moon amidst the 'twisted bundle-like gray cloud'. Your writing style is too distinctive with teased out anticipation. You darted from staircase to terrace but dragged yourself back from terrace to staircase with the flight of your imagination on whether the beneficent moon would deign on you. Your writerly pace is chirpy and spread-eagled but your writerly tone is acute and precise in transcribing every emotion cresting from your anxious mind. I enjoyed your moon and boon criss-cross in the nightly wait-up.

In starkly muted neorealistic films, esp. towards the end, the worldly film-maker pans the camera from the lead to the ambience to capture a bleached paper fluttering in a garbage yard or a tomcat purring on an unmended fence or a jaywalker whistling away. We don't know the significance of the paper or the tomcat or the jaywalker but the intent is to coalesce fragmentary, and incidental, slices of life. A self-expression to connect the dotted world incubating the shared assurances and dreads.

You, in the manner of that film-maker, tastefully replicated it with the sweep of the moon -- what a crescent moon implies to each believer. I think your ranged ending stole the narrative! While you were loudly anxious with your revealing stomp to witness the phenomenon the other withdrawn supplicant was also furtively anxious to be guided by the propitious crescent. The self-defined arc of sighting a crescent moon differing from man to man was demonstrated with subtlety in your panoptical story-telling. The edgy finale of this moon fascination is inversely, yet thoroughly, compatible.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

:hello:that is a super feedback which I would cherish for long. Thank you.