Monthly Reputation Contest - WIN IL T-Shirt with your reputed posts!

Discussion in 'Monthly Giveaways' started by Induslady, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL'ites,

Earlier this year, we announced the reputation system to encourage "Friendly & Helpful" posts within our community. In the past 8 months, the system has gained traction quietly. Today, there are more than 500 posts that have received reputation and there are more than 300 members as part of the reputation system.

To encourage and reward members to make "Friendly & Helpful" posts, we are announcing a simple monthly giveaway beginning this month.

Here is how the Monthly Reputation Contest will work :

• End of every month, we will do a lucky draw among members who have received reputation. For every 1 reputation point the member has received, she will get one entry into the lucky draw. The more reputation she has received, the more her chances of winning.
    • The lucky winner gets the cool IL T-Shirt.
    • All reputation points will be reviewed to make sure they are NOT
      • Solicited in ANY form and
      • Part of a "I scratch your back, you scratch mine" effort.
    Some reminders regarding the reputation system :

• Reputation is for the specific post, not for the poster in general
    • DO NOT provide your name in the comments box. DO NOT solicit reputation in ANY form. You will loose all your reputation if you do either.
    • You can give reputation only if you have received 2 reputation points
    • The genuine way to win this contest is to make friendly, meaningful and helpful posts. Sooner or later, the community will do its part to discover and highlight your posts.
    Go here to Learn more about the reputation system. Please ask below if you have any questions or comments. Thank you.

Malathy

38 people like this.

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Monthly Reputation Contest - WIN IL Letter Holder with your reputed posts!

Oops, Malathy. I didn't know about this rule. I have added my name(or first initial) to the end of the comment in the comment box. :hide: How do I take off my name from the end of that comment string? I looked at my user CP but can't see anything to edit comments I have added along with giving RPs. Where exactly can I see this comment?

Regards,
    L

3. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello Laks09,
    We have cleaned up those reputation comments and edited the names out in the Reputation comment. Please ensure it does not happen in future.

You cannot see the reputation comments you left for other Ilites. Only those ILites who received your reputation comment can see it in their UserCP. Similarly you can see the reputation comments left by other ILites for you in your UserCP.
    Hope this helps.

4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Laxmi,
    Thanks for correcting this! I'll ensure it does not happen again.

Regards,
    L

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  5. Laxmi

Hello Friends,

Here is the lucky winner to kick start this Monthly Giveaway Contest...

Winner of the Reputation Contest - Novemeber '09:

LemonLime

for her sensitive and assertive posts here:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/m...less-marriage-6.html?postid=940276#post940276

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/m...-normal-married.html?postid=940231#post940231

Congratulations LemonLime for your friendly and helpful posts. Such posts make this community more helpful and rich in useful information.

Thanks for your active participation in the site.

P.S. Please send your local India address by mail to support@indusladies.com to receive the IL Letter Holder.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  6. Laxmi

Hello Friends,

The Reputation Contest is gearing up for greater heights and popularity among the ILites........

Winner of the Reputation Contest - December '09:

loonypooh

for her very useful and informative posts here on breast feeding pumps:

Congratulations loonypooh for your friendly and helpful posts. Such posts make this community more helpful and rich in useful information.

Thanks for your active participation in the site.

P.S. Please send your local India address by mail to support@indusladies.com to receive the IL Letter Holder.

7. Laxmi

Hello Friends,

We all of us consider the Reputation Contest as a special one as it is purely merited on the quality of the post unlike the other lucky contests.
    Also a post has to be consistently appealing to ILites who has the power to give reputation point. Also the system being anonymous there is absolutely no talk about favoritism.

Hence the reputation contest based on the stats for a post gains lots of importance among the fellow ILites.

Announcing the Reputation Contest winner for January 2010 is....

Aswini
    and she got to win the IL Letter Holder for her informative post here:

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/h...-vegetarian-2.html?postid=1006943#post1006943

and to quote the Reputation comment that she got for this post of hers:

Honest and balanced post - well done!

Thanks Aswini for your informative and active participation in the forums.

Note: Please send in your postal address by mail to support@indusladies.com to receive the special gift - IL Letter Holder.

8. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Congrats Aswini,

For being the winner of 'Monthly Reputation contest" !!! [​IMG] Its really a pleasure as its from the thread I started

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/he...43#post1006943

Continue to give as such balanced views !!!

9. Laxmi

Dear ILites,

Every month we start on a joyous note, announcing the winners. The Reputation Contest takes a special place among all the Monthly Giveaway contest, as it is an appreciation for a particular post by an ILite.

The Reputation points are not given on the merit of the ILite but is forthe content of the post. ILite might be a New one or in IL Hall of Fame but if the post strikes a chord with the other ILites for being warm, informative and useful post then it deserves all the appreciation.

With no further delay,

Reputation Contest winner

for February 2010 is....

Meena2

Congratulations Meena for such a balanced and informative posting and for your active participation in the community

Meena wins the IL Letter Holder for her informative post here:

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/m...-its-becoming.html?postid=1058020#post1058020

and to quote the Reputation comment that she got for this post of hers:

Warm, sensitive, and helpful - a great post.

Note: Please send in your postal address by mail to support@indusladies.com to receive the special gift - IL Letter Holder.

10. meena2

meena2 Senior IL'ite

THANK YOU SO MUCH for recognizing me and my post as WARM, SENSITIVE AND HELPFUL ONE. I am so very delighted.

Am glad it served to be helpful to the poster and others in general.
    We will be moving to a different place, so will provide the address at a later date.

Thanks
    Meena

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.