1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Monthly Allowance

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by manjarimadhu, Feb 6, 2018.

1. manjarimadhu

manjarimadhu New IL'ite

Yes. I am also against these formalities but it is hard to convince the elders. But my mom is responsible and manages the money properly between us.

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Then don't send extra money that they are using for unnecessary expenses. If you and your parents are not rich then where is the need for giving gold ?
    Use it to invest for kids education.

3. manjarimadhu

manjarimadhu New IL'ite

They wont spent it only for gold. I just gave it as a example. Anyhow I planned to reduce it to half and will casually track how they spent that money. Thanks for your inputs. Am I only one who send money on monthly basis? I just want them to have control over the money instead of asking me.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  4. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

No you are not the only one. Many men and women do send money to parents on monthly basis. But that is usually if parents are not earning sufficient income for a decent life.Or if the kids have a lot of money to spare. In your case, it seems as if your parents are pretty self sufficient and you can send them less, as your needs are more,so you can reduce the amount little bit.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  5. Rakshini

Rakshini Silver IL'ite

Hi manjarimadhu
    I would like to appreciate your sense of responsibility,even though they get pension,your sending a decent amount which is commendable.we Ve to appreciate the man behind you.he has given permission and let you send the money even it will be helpful to your own family.
    Many women don't have that privilege.ur lucky in that aspect
    Money which u send can be reduced and explain to your parents about your investments or saving s.make them clear that you stand by them during need(emergency or any functions)
    Don't feel bad.we Ve to be thank full to our parents and at the same time we are responsible for our kids future.do u divide and send.tell them it's for the sake of their grandchildren
    Since u are the one who send amount every month ur parents can use some amount for them and not for your sister.that they Ve to spend from their pockets.i think they should not spend lavishly on the amount which you sent (since they're well settled)
    This is my opinion