1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Middle School Education in the US - What to Expect and What to Do
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Montessori in Alpharetta

Discussion in 'Indians in Georgia' started by rswarna, Feb 22, 2011.

1. rswarna

rswarna New IL'ite

Hi Everyone,
    I am totally new to this Alpharetta Area, We moved from Boston recently. Wondering if you all would be kind enough to suggest me some good Montessori / Preschools in and around This area. I live in an apartment in Windward Parkway. Any information is really appreciated. I feel very very lonely without people around.
    Regards,
    Swarna

2. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

swarna,

Google it for

Preston Ridge Montessori
    Windward Academy
    Primrose schools.

Also in GA,the pre-k program is mostly GA lottery funded and most of the day cares would have that program.I am not sure,how old is your kid though.
    Apparently Windward Parkway is a good indian comminity place and also,you would find lot of good day cares around it and it's not an issue at all.
    I think ,if you can google on the ZIPCODE,You would fine it.

Whatever the day care you found in your place,should be good.Because it's a prime place.

3. rswarna

rswarna New IL'ite

Thank you so much Priya. I did went on a tour to Preston Ridge Montessorie, School environment was perfect , I like it. Only thing I did not like the the students to teacher's ratio. There was 27 kids in one class with one prime teacher and an assistant. So roughly 1:13, no sure how good they will be able to concentrate on kids.
    I will go and take a look at Windward Academy and Primrose school also. Once again. Thanks!!

4. Daachu

Daachu New IL'ite

Hi Swarna,

Was nice to see that you already had a post to enquire about montesorri schools. I move to Alpharetta a week ago. I have a 2 and half year old kid and want to look out for some good Montessori / Preschools in and around Apharetta.

Hopefully you should have found a school by now. Can you share any details/information with me. It would be really helpful.

I too live in an apartment in Windward Parkway.

5. snarasim

snarasim New IL'ite

Hi Daachu & Swarna

I'm looking for a Montessori school for my two year old too. I'd like to know what you ladies found in your search. I live close to Windward Pkwy too.

Would love to hear back from you ladies.

Shar

6. Daachu

Daachu New IL'ite

Hi Shar,

I am still in the hunt. I am looking for AMI affilated schools and montesorri certified teachers and I did find 3 in and Around Alpharetta(basically which is near to my place)

Red Apple Montesorri
    Christian School of Montesorri
    CrabApple Montesorri

I would have to decide which would be best suit my kid.

Hope this info helps. Let me also know if you found something.

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  7. ahinduja

ahinduja New IL'ite

I know this post is a litle late, but my daughter (3) has been going to Children Today Montessori on Jones Bridge Road for a year now and she absolutely loves it. I would recommend that school in a heartbeat...

1 person likes this.
  8. rswarna

rswarna New IL'ite

ok i am seeing this thread after a very looooooooooooong time :) i ended up in Children Today Montessori too.

1 person likes this.
  9. vedasamhita

vedasamhita New IL'ite

@rswarna , how old was your kid when she joined Montessori ? Do they have to be potty trained or do they take care?