Moms looking for sept batch nursery admission!!!!, join here

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by agilasrijith, May 14, 2013.

1. agilasrijith

agilasrijith Bronze IL'ite

Dear ILs

I am looking for a good nursery here in AUH to enroll my daughter this sept:spin

If any1 sailing in the same boat:drowning, pls share your experience and views which will help each other.

My search resulted in nurseries like SARA,LEENS,Little flower,Noah'sArk are good.

Anybody has info about SWAN nursery?:thumbsup

2. essa

essa Junior IL'ite

Why are u waiting for sept ,put her now? How old is ur child. U have contacted so many nurseries, what did they say.they are not taking?

3. saps105

saps105 Gold IL'ite

Even I am planning to send my daughter from sept onwards. can please someone tell me would it hamper her chances of getting admission in Kg 1.

4. agilasrijith

essa: there is either april admission or sept admission so i have planned to send her from sept onwards.

5. smiletoday

smiletoday Senior IL'ite

Dear saps
    Sending ur daughter to nursery/playschool will help u in getting admission to school.nowadays schools ask whether they have attended any nursery and this is also a criteria in getting admission to kg 1. so go forward!!!

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  6. saps105

saps105 Gold IL'ite

yeah I am aware of it. I was planning to send DD from sept. Heard from a few ILs dat I might face problem getting admission if don't send her from april onwards. Just worried that would it be a problem if I send from sept and not april.

Today I spoke to the lady in vision nursery and she said sending the child in april or sept won't make a difference. At school interview they want the child to show confidence and be comfortable to gel with a school environment. Kids who attended nursery wont have problem adjusting. So now I am at peace.:)

thanks.

7. pritiparekh

pritiparekh New IL'ite

what should be the criteria for selecting a nursery? Apart from the cost, the curriculum should also be seen. So i was adviced by one of my friends that if u r planning to enroll ur child for 0-level, then go for nurseries with british curriculum. If interested in indian schools with CBSE then go for indian nurseries. I am in two minds on the curriculum. Which curriculum is more beneficial for kids?
    Also anyone has a idea on the age bar for KG1 admissions? have heard of some new regulations that ur child needs to be 4 yrs old. Can anyone confirm?

8. agilasrijith

Saps,

The SARA nursery have tie-up with ICK (International Community for Kindergarten ) so they will give u priority in getting admission for KG1(in some Indian schools), only if u put our ward in their nursery from April.
    As i spoke with them regarding Sept batch admission, they clearly said they wont allow us for direct school admission for Sept batch.

Priti,

i have heard that only in bhavans the age limit for kg1 admission is 4Yrs.
    Rest all demand that the ward should be 3yrs by april 15 of that academic start.

9. saps105

saps105 Gold IL'ite

hi Agila,

we stay in mussafah. so sending her to sara nursery is not an option.
    Next year hopefully DPS and Indian Modern Science School will open in Mussafah. If it does then the admission issues will be resolved. Keeping my fingers crossed.

10. agilasrijith

saps,

It seems ,even more schools are about to come in next 3-4 years. Let us expect the admission rush to reduce in forthcoming years.