1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Moisturizer for cold climate

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by Cindhuja, Dec 8, 2009.

1. maliniglow

maliniglow Gold IL'ite

hi,
    Creams like vaseline ponds...etc what have you mentioned does not

give impressive results....Try out home remedies like aloe vera gel if you have

it home well and good you could apply the gel often Its very good moisturiser

and makes our skin lighter...

you could also try aloe vera face wash or cucmber....very good one...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  2. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

I also reccomend Himalaya Herbals Intensive Face Moisturiser

3. marykay

marykay New IL'ite

hi hinduja,

talcum powders are not meant for face. and talc can clog pores and definitely cause break outs. and how is it ok for you to use a powder that is chalk white in colour?.

Use a mineral finishing powder. you get them in oriflame nowadays and it can go on for 2 years at least. you can get the kabuki brush too. the result is so natural and never harms the skin and it is pure minerals. no fillers . no corn or rice starch.choose a shade close to your skin colour and it is amazing really.

for moisturizer there is neutrogena, loreal , marykay, kaya and there are plently.

do write me for any more queries. I shall promptly reply.

4. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

hi marykay thanks for your suggestion....ya many advise me about the pores getting clogged due to this habit..but since i had been using this powder for years i am comfortable with it...without which i feel incomplete.. but i don't mind trying what you had referred...problem is like shopping freely instead of running behind a agent..i guess oriflame too is not available in retail stores?!?!...do you have any other options please for a finishing powder...

5. marykay

marykay New IL'ite

you could try loreal finishing powder. but check if it has BIZMUTH in it. that is not safe. but as I told you these finishing powder can go on for at least a year.so dont have to run after a consultant. I saw one another site where they sell mineral makeup. you just have to call and then they send it. it is mineralmakeupindia.com

6. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

thanks for the reply marykay..will browse and find the details :thumbsup

By the way this is the powder which i have been using for years..comparatively the best amongst the existing..never sticks on skin nor heavy too...

Attached Files:

7. marykay

marykay New IL'ite

obviously it is a talc. I am not doing a mudslinging campaign against any brand. rather, trying to educate you . dont mistake me.
    talcs are bad. it may look fine but harms skin. the reason why these days many products comes with the label talc free. you could try out loose powder or finishing powder and they can go on for a year at least. and once you use you could feel the difference urself. the brand that I would recommend are oriflame,marykay,mineralmakeupindia etc. you could google and find shops in your city.go though the sites and buy whichever you like. for a moisturizer use something that is beneficial to the skin. it will do more than moisturizing work.

best wishes.

8. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi marykay,

Just browsed through oriflame website..Under what category can i find this mineral powder??

9. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Hey marykay,

Thanks for the suggestion.Iam using J&J baby powder for my face.Is it good.I use Oriflame loose powder at times.Iam the regular user of Oriflame and any product suggestions and reviews on Oriflame are totally welcome.

Sorry Cindhuja.Could not be of any help.Just used your thread to clear my doubts.:hiya

Cindhuja,

I use Oriflame loose powder/compact powder.Let me search and show the picture here.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  10. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

RG..natpin izhakanamae..also share some well-known contact points for oriflame...if you have added in our directory please pas on the link :)