Modern Microwave Cooking

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

My dear Varudhini !

I think, I give the english equivalents for all vegetables & cereals, unless I do not know. If you want the english name for any ingredient in my recipe, please ask - I will let you know.
    I am sorry, I am not familiar with Hyderabad at all !
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra madam

TQ for ur prompt reply. How u r managing to give quick replies to all queries along with ur regular receipe posings. It is really amazing. I really admire u.

With lots of love
    varudhini

3. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra madam

Today our site did not open for more than half an hour from 8:15 p.m. till now.

Why do not we try to start a search option in our site so that it will be easy to search for a particular recipe. Think of it.

With love
    Varudhini

4. Chitvish

My dear Varudhini !

It is my pleasure to answer your queries !
    There is a search option. Go to the thread & ontop you can see " search this thread" - you can type the name of the recipe.
    But my pesonal suggestion is this - go to the recipe index & at leisure go through in detail to see what all recipes have been posted. Or if possible, take a printout of recipe index. This will make work easy for you.
    Yes, there was some server problem for 45 mts.
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Chitvish

MW Halwa Vessel - mine for your viewing pleasure !

This vessel which is ideal for making sweets, has to be large and slightly shallow. Only then there will be no overflowing.
    It is better to invest in one big vessel like this, if you plan to use MW for sweet-making.
    I made sitaphal halwa this morning. Since I made it in MW, I used only 1/2 cup of ghee. If I had made it on stove-top, minimum 1 cup would have been necessary. For all halwas, MW is ideally suited.

Attached Files:

6. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

ceramic bowls

Dear Chithra
    Nice to have a look at your ceramic bowls. Do you boil vegetables directly in those ceramic bowls? do you sprinkle water on the veggies or till it is competely covered?
    Do you use a steamer or the bowls for making tomato puree?
    I wld look out for the ceramic bowls next time I go for MW Accessories shopping.
    I got a 2.5 lr. Borosil glass bowl with lid yesterday specifically for making variety rice. Do you have any MW recipe for layered briyani or pulao?

Please take your time to post the recipes, absolutely no hurry.

7. Chitvish

My dear Laxmi !

If I cook vegetables in the MW bowls, I do add water, atleast 3 tbsp for2 cups of vegs. If there is a little excess water, I drain & use it for rasam or sambar.
    For tomato puree, I chop tomatoes ino a MW bowl & cover loosely. I do not add water. MW Hi for 3 mtes & then liquidise.
    For any pulao, you can just follow the stove-top recipe for Mw also. But generally I personally prefer to assemble all the cooked layers, clos & MW just before serving. I feel, cooking any rice in MW does not give a soft texture which is what we prefer at home.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    it is wonderful, the halwa. I too have a large glass mixing bowl of Borosil for such uses. But I am yet to try any sweets in the MW. The reason is that nobody other than me is fond of sweets and sometimes I may have to eat all that I make. You know how I am, I do not want to add on more weight. But now I feel like I should make sweets from time to time or else I will forget how it make. I will try this week.

9. Chitvish

Me too, Varloo !

This morning, I made the halwa for a friend whose b day falls this week.
    But any halwa, made in MW is easy & needs less ghee.
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

i have posted some microwave receipes. in the mis. section. i would like feedbacks please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.