1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Missing You

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jskls, Aug 25, 2019.

1. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

My kids are too small at present. They like my parents as they give them lots of chips chocolates and let them watch mobile and also take them to swings where they enjoy. And like their grandmother (mil) as she give them all the things that they need and play indoor games with them. May be in future they will more like them as person and able to connect with them.

jskls, Venkat20 and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lakshmi,

Can imagine how hard it would be to let a child go. But reading the last few sentences in your snippet it occurred to me that it is like allowing a part of yourself to live in a different time and era, grow up in different circumstances and then letting that part go out to get different experiences - a kind of immortality of sorts. Led me to the thought, maybe our Creator who sends us all to this university must also go through this on a massive scale. How tough that must be!

jskls, Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  3. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@jskls Lakshmi cheer up.as you said they have to experience the outer world too.At the age of 11 we left our elder son in Sainik school and i cried till i reached home.visitors are restricted for the first three months as the boys may feel home sick.Then i consoled myself saying i must not be a hindrance for his future.Now he is well settled in life with good discipline and high post.yes i missed my son's nearness but never lost his Love and affection.Yesterday your Father missed you sending abroad and today you miss your daughter sending her for the cause of education.These are all due to KAALA SULARCHI.My best wishes to her.

jskls, Thyagarajan and Venkat20 like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

@jskls
    THE CROWNING GLORY of the concluding part of the op is chinmayee rendered song of
    "Oru Theivam Thantha Poovae Kannil Thedal Yenna Thaayae Nenjil Jil Jil Jil Kaathil Thil Thil Thil Kannathil Muthamitaal Nee Kannathil .."
    This emotionally rich in lyrics song in the tamil movie truly depicts the pangs of physical separation of (adopted) daughter from her true/foster parents. Heaving of heart is inescapable While Listening to this fine composition.
    Regards.

jskls likes this.
  5. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the blessings @iyerviji ma

6. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your encouraging words Viswa sir. I will share whatever I wrote about her and leave it in her room when she comes on vacation. Thanks for the tip.

7. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @Anusha2917 for understanding and encouragement.

Anusha2917 likes this.
  8. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @Thyagarajan sir for your encouragement

That's very nice of you to leave a drawing untouched for decades. This shows the beautiful bond between your family and the child.

Thanks for the blessings too

9. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @jayasala42 mam for your heartwarming feedback and blessings

10. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @Venkat20 Sir. True just like our parents we too lead the way. Thanks for your kind words and blessings. Wishing you all the very best too.

Venkat20 likes this.