Missing The Food In India..

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: Wish you solid holiday season.
    • OMG. when so much menu here to relish, I am sad to note that you are down with flu And cold but it would vanish in 3 to 4 day as always.
    • I had requested IL Food scholar/ Doctor @anika987 to formulate suitable menu for you to tide over.
    2. I agree with your statement that city has lost its glory for Satvik food.
    3. SANJEEVANAM restaurant at Nungambakkam high road chennai opp railway officers’ quarters serve Satvik food on banana leaf ( நுனி இலை) . There is another hotel in upstairs building facing east in mount road adjacent to shop that deals with crafts in metals. It is managed by ladies and food served on banana leaf by women clad saree in style மடிசாறு Madisaru.
    4. Get well soon.
    God bless the gourmets with good digestion & fast metabolism.

2. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

Hope you feel better soon and get to eat what you are craving for :smiley:

Mistt and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Caughtinbetween

I am happy to see someone share my love for goli soda ! Its on the top of my list always . When I was young, I remember the goli soda vendor would come to the streets with a wooden push cart at my grandparents place , oh only i know how many i used to drink and how many times i tried to open that bottle by pushing that marble inwards using my hands . now a days its not easy to find it anymore in andhra , atleast in big cities ... i still have it in towns and villages when i am there .

Mistt likes this.
  4. Caughtinbetween

never heard of paneer soda ..have to try it sometime.
    when i first read it here i thought paneer (cottage cheese) but google tells me its rosewater :facepalm:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:That’s right tamil paneer is different from Hindi paneer. After advent of Coca Cola and Limca, all local soda companies wound up and there is no goli soda in cities of India that includes Chennai.
    Thanks and Regards.
    God bless.

6. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

:)That was the same scene I remember when I read word golisoda in your post and golisoda vendor had come to our street everyday after at 8:00 pm for my neighbor uncle. We lived in that place for one year and after that I completely forgot about golisoda. Your post brought back many lovely memories.

Caughtinbetween likes this.