Missing The Food In India..

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Too much of cheese.:cheer:

anika987 likes this.
  2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Amazing amount of cheese in that sandwich toast. I wondered about the price of that Toast, and how the shop can afford to grate off almost a whole block of cheese on a single customer.
    upload_2019-12-20_22-47-26.png
    Milky Mist Plain Processed cheese Block (200 g)
    ₹115
    ₹118
    2% off
    Best before 01 Jul 2020
    Manufactured date 06 Oct 2019

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Although I make most of the chat varieties and whoever tasted it said it’s too good, I feel nothing beats the one they sell in India. Especially after all the pani puris, the tangy Puchka puri for which I used to wait eagerly for my turn.

MTR Rava Idli, Masala Dosa, crispy Uddina Vada submerged in sambhar.
    Oh my I’m hungry already!!!

Also this is Avrebele season so mom used to use this for almost every dish.
    Every year there is Avre mela where you get almost every dish which is made from it. From Dosas, Pani puri to chikki everything made from Avrebele. So tasty!!!!

And me being a sweet freak, how can I forget Venkateshwara sweet stall and Sri Krishna’s Fresh and Soft Mysorepak made from ghee?
    So many varieties of sweets and savoury

And the aroma of freshly baked bread when you pass by Iyengar bakery reminds me of my school days. My favourite is Freshly baked sweet bread, palya bun, Congress bun and Dilpasand.
    Also freshly baked butter biscuits, almond cookies etc.

There are also tons of Sandwich shops with so many varieties. I’m drooling :hearteyes:

4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Ooo yes the moment I enter Krishna sweets..the aroma of ghee!!hmm..

Are you from Bangalore shravs? Coz you said MTR..

I am also an avid follower of many food bloggers and am waiting to try the famous dosa from “vidhyarthi Bhavan”

Also anyone planning to go to Chennai or from Chennai..Please do not miss the famous sandwich shop outside Alsa Mall, eggmore.A small roadside shop for more than 25 years, makes delectable sandwiches!!!

I can vouch you will love it

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

6. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Yes I am :angel:
    Please do not miss this place. They serve one of the best masala dosas.
    There are many hotels like CTR, Siddappa hotel etc too.
    Brahmins coffee bar serves tasty idlies, kesari and Khara Bath.
    If you want to try North Indian and South Indian food together please visit Food street near VV Puram. It’s heaven for foodies.

The list is endless for any of the Indian cities!!

anika987 and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I wanted to go last time but my uncle said it will be too crowded,wait time this and that and travel distance and missed trying that dosa:(

but it’s in my list of things to do :D

Also, usually they say star hotels do not serve that tasty food and just priced high but I found the ITC restaurants really good.Especially the dal bukhara from peshwari restaurant is awesome

shravs3 likes this.
  8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:@anika987 and other respondents quoted and unquoted here.
    Sister anika987 - you had on a platter offered tour de force on eats and munch.
    Contents of this thread in its entirety would sure to transport the reader to leading metros and other South Indian towns including Trichy, Chidambaram, Madurai, Bangaluru . All all rounder of food must have had visited these places and turned himself or herself a connoisseur of snacks, eats, munching etc.

2. A delicious thread from varying perspectives and flavours - contents of which when read in one go would sure to enhance dopamine, craving, longing and turn even the anorexics to seek and discover these items in those places perhaps with GI tag.

3. I summed up, copied below the portions of responses which I relished this night just before sleep embraces me. This would vouchsafe for the pleasure I derived this lovely breezy thread conceived in winter consumed in full.

4. I learnt googling about this brand UTZ. - Bill salients William rice the past and present owners 100 years over kitchen experience in produced ingredients through sustainable forming - potato chips ingredients minimal processed to retain natural flavour....

Kernel and it’s dust sprinkled with over the soil retains water for over three weeks and saplings and plants would not wither and die for want of moisture.

Reminded of my late dad who used to utter This BESH BESH in appreciation when spouse and I do something good and especially when we serve him hot thick adai with butter and milakaipoti with grounded jaggery!

Thanks and regards to op and all other respondents.

God is sure in every food, in its flavour, hue & taste when it is warm.

9. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you and very well written!

Also,had to mention another combo for adai.

Adai - aviyal!

Morning if my mom made aviyal am sure evening it will be accompanied by adai:)

I mix two oils - gingelly,coconut and also add ghee and use it for adai..it will take the taste to a whole new level!!

Add some onions and curry leaves which turns crispy...yummy!

Remaining batter will be turned to tunuku..

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I also make do with jalopeno poppers!
    Yummy winter food..add some sweet sauce! Awesome! 292D1FBA-7451-45DB-A6C3-D27E14BC45B6.jpeg

Sunshine04 and shravs3 like this.