Missing The Food In India..

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Dec 19, 2019.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Cold winter evening..

Having bag of chips and still not satiated..yesterday made some piping hot pakoras..still not emotionally fulfilled when it comes to food...

I got to think...Hmm if am
    In India..just stepping out of my home and the road is flooded with restaurants starting with foods ranging from A to Z..

feel like having pani Puri now..but for that I have to either drive 20 minutes to find a restaurant,make the order and after 45 mts will have pani puri.Else,go to sabzi store and get and start making...just thinking about making it is tiring:(

Last two years back was in Mumbai for a family wedding.Every Single day I got down and had pani puri/Bhel.The side effect? I literally died of diarrhea! But do I care?I crawled my way to have pani puri everyday and ran to the restroom.Sure,I looked dull,weak in the wedding and my relatives were mad with my lack of self control but little did they know that I was the happiest in the wedding:) hee hee..Am I jealous of mumbaites it what!!! Lucky people getting to eat chaat everyday.

A special mention the amazing Vada paav with lasoon chutney and am seething with envy here:(
    It melts in your mouth!!!!!

In Chennai..am always eating out be it dosa,idli my favorite ratna cafe sambhar!! I drink it literally to the agahst of the waiters!! I act desperate and sure people will think this lady has never seen a single morsel of food in her life! Do I care?:D

Again,In a Delhi trip..had the wonderful parathas with butter!By god! It was so good.Felt like heaven!!

Then the Jaipur lassi!!! So creamy !!! What a taste!!

Lip smacking food..so yummy,drizzling with butter and bursting with flavors!!

oops..okay am dreaming:(
    Back to my bag of chips..UTZ ..yeah tasty right argh!!

Just a vent..

2. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

My dear, just had pizza.
    Still pain poori made me drool.
    :facepalm:

rachaputi and anika987 like this.
  3. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Wow @anika987 .. your post just made me hungry for all those..

anika987 likes this.
  4. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

tumblr_mrkvx6vvtZ1rags46o1_500.jpg

anika987 likes this.
  5. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

This is so true...
    You have one kid and she is still young. It is not hard to move back. If you start the process now you will be ready for next school year.If you own a house this is best time to sell and get good returns.

Vaikuntha likes this.
  6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

This is going to be another long thread, I am sure....

I recall a gift of a house to the OP where the front door opens to America, and the backdoor opens to India (I paraphrased, can't find the real post) .... in Rihana's thread from last year: "Give Gifts To Fellow Ilites - Worry Not - Zero Cost"

Vaikuntha and Rihana like this.
  7. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

@anika987
    IL is looking dull from a few days and I'm waiting for your new threads. Here you are!:beer-toast1::laughing:

8. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

@anika987 .
    Your mind is always in India.
    That's the crux of all your posts.
    If your husband is not ready to move to India permanently, you can go every summer vacation to India.
    Dont bother about relatives. talking.

Mistt and Sri2196 like this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I am missing the vegetables of India. I made palak/spinach dal today. It tastes good, but, I eyed the bagged spinach, the tomatoes and the onion shaking my head like a picky MIL examining DIL's vegetable garden produce.

This too shall pass, and is just because each day feels like Friday while it is not yet the holidays.. but somehow unusually for me, missing the food, fruits and vegetables I grew up eating.

It's going to be a long winter break for me. : )

Vaikuntha, Giri12, kkrish and 3 others like this.
  10. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Anika,
    We all go through our tough times but constant venting means there is a deeper issue. Pani puri ( and the associated diarrhea) can make you happy today, but what happens when there the craze for pani puri subsides ?

You really need to revisit all your earlier posts on IL and you will see a pattern.
    There are always things you will find that you do not have and crave for.

For your sake, start a gratitude journal.
    Write five things everyday you are grateful for. Make this a habit.

Being alive and healthy and having a healthy , happy family is worth celebrating and being grateful for. Life is unpredictable. We should all be thankful every night that we made it through the day , without any major issues.

Its your choice , how you decide to lead this precious life. With lot of regrets and complaints disguised as vents or just with simple plain gratitude? I hope you chose the latter.