Missing singapore and Singapore ILites

Discussion in 'Indians in Singapore' started by racr, Feb 25, 2012.

1. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

Hi ladies,

I have now moved to US after being in Singapore for 2 years.I really miss Singapore.I think its a very easy place to get used to and not at all scary for a newcomer.Here I feel so lonely,havent seen a friendly face since I came here :(.I remember that I joined IL shortly after I moved to Singapore,and I visited this forum soon after and it was very helpful to me. Just wanted to thank you all,and I think I will keep dropping by this forum now and then,just to keep in touch!

Take care ,all of you.

P.S:Dear Abhising,I hope starting a new thread for this will be excused;)!

1 person likes this.

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear racr,

You are more than welcome to start a thread here dear. I agree with you, SG is an easy place to get used to, but am sure you will soon find a lot of friends and a great community in your current location as well :) and of course there is IL always with you wherever you are :)

Do drop in anytime you feel like dear.

3. AlishaT

AlishaT Silver IL'ite

Hi!

gosh i feel like m in the same boat as u! I recently moved to the US aftr being in Sing for almost a decade.. And I MISS singapore! even tho most of my friends are married, living abroad, migrating all over, or just living in their own little worlds.. I still love the ease of convenience factor, not having to drive to get simple basic needs, the FOOD (SIGH!), not the temperature tho I hate the temperature in Sing and will never like it, but I miss a lot abt it.. Racr where do you live in the US? Im at Boston!

4. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

HI

Yes you are correct.I just want to share my experience.

I have been to SG before marriage(my Brother was there)and liked the place very much it was just like chennai can go anywhere and come with out any one's help.
    When my marriage got fixed i was thinking US will be like SG, after coming here and seeing all these i felt all foreign countries are not like SG.

5. Cutiesri

Cutiesri Gold IL'ite

i came to india for delivery...but missing singapore and SG il badly

6. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Uma,

Have a safe delivery my dear, my prayers for you and the lil one. We can't do much about missing SG dear, but SG IL is just a click of a mouse away :) do visit as often as you can to share your thoughts and catch up with IL activities :)

Have a great time back home dear, because it happens with me, when i am there i miss SG, and when i am here i miss home badly...... so cheer up dear and before you know you will be here soon :)

7. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

AlishaT,same pinch! 10 years in Singapore,wow.here I miss being there even after being there only 2 years. Well,am in Texas,nowhere near Boston! Boston winters ,I heard are pretty harsh,I'm sure you'll miss Singapore weather then! I feel really sad out here.Coming from SIngapore to this place is making it more difficult to adjust.I can't just go anywhere,indian stuff was just a bus/MRT away there.Libraries,classes for kids,temples.Here no car,no life.Anyway,will have to get used to it.

8. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

Hmmm..u r right .No other foreign place is like Singapore.I have stayed in many places abroad before,including US.but no place felt so much like home!

9. Cutiesri

Cutiesri Gold IL'ite

Thanks akila for keeping me in your prayers..racr you r true no other country s as friendly as SG..

1 person likes this.
  10. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

Take care,Umaguru! We all will be praying for you.SG is a great place for kids.You and your baby will have a nice time here.God bless.

1 person likes this.