1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Missing India a lot...does anyone feel the same way ???

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by anika987, Jan 8, 2014.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Initially as newly weds,usa was nice but as time passes by i yearn for a sense of belonging.the interest to go back is increasing day by day.However,husband says we are not going back since his job has no scope out there in India and we are settling here.

Now,the thing is..I feel depressed these days.I do not have interest in anything.I have stopped gymming,watching movies,etc etc.I am now looking for a small job again but even when I used to work,i always felt discontent.life is so routine and i feel so out of place in this country.no good friends etc.it's like "no life,no soul"here.i want to be genuinely happy.I am not saying India will give me the happiness i need but atleast there is a "soul" in life there.

I cannot even imagine growing old and lonely in usa.how do i get over these thoughts and be happy.How do i feel more secure?

2. ssiri

ssiri Senior IL'ite

hi
    am siri

here my condition s same .....

1 person likes this.
  3. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello ,

You are feeling this because of the population difference . Indian neighbors may have open doors, ppl coming in and going would chat with you. You are missing that.

Its due to varied weather conditions here .
    Why dont you take up on some Volunteer activities ? Do you have neighbors ? Have you talked to them ?

In US, you have to take an extra step to make new friends, unless you do , no others would come to you.

Take it in the right spirits and adopt to this culture

1 person likes this.
  4. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

I second Ranchu.

Once you start creating nice circle of friends, meet on occasions, gettogethers, sure you will start feeling better.

All the best.

1 person likes this.
  5. preethakarthik

preethakarthik Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Do not feel like this. Make friends, have pot luck parties, fun games and get together. If you go to any temple, they have so many programs and need volunteers, in this way you will not feel lonely.

without fail go out in weekends have fun. Plan a get away place along with your friends and enjoy.

All the best.

1 person likes this.
  6. ssiri

ssiri Senior IL'ite

Hi ,

i was feeling alone wn i came here to US with husband newly married 9months back,it was arrange marriage before marriage v both had no contact ,v both met 1st time n marriage hall nd after marriage of 1 week v came here everything was new including my husband ,myself dont knw to cook,i did my B.E completed studies gt married ....when i came here i dnt know what 2 talk with my husband nd how to cook.
    i was not talking with him he use to talk with me.....he s really wonderful person . 1st time when i cooked it was worst really u think how i made it.....later he suggested me some cooking websites nd he himself started teaching me...by god grace now i can cook good food for him.....my husband s my best friend he teaches me every thing ,v both spend max tim ,v dont go to any friend house v hav friends n our apt but i dont lik going there house ....weekends v go for temple ,nt every week but gng out max time having fun......i can say one thing if v get good frnds tats fine r dnt think tat i dnt hav anybody near to me 2 talk ,share ur feeling with him,how much ur close to ur husband tats gud for us....do some thing vich u nd ur husband feel happy...u can plan ur day by ur own way ....be surprising ur husband one r other way....then u ill be busy wt surprise thinking ideas ....r ask him tat u study.....n india u cnt spend maximum time with ur husband this s the only chance......mine s joint family with lovely parents, brothers,grandma nd sister v hav 30 members n one family how i feel leaving them ....i miss them a lotttt....v hav no other options being n home study some thing tat ill be important to u n future.....fine

my husband loves me lot ,he dont want me to cry tat i miss my parents...he feels bad if i cry....so i dnt hav feelg am alone my husband s my friend,father,brother nd also mom some times takecare like small child......from 9months he daily come home for lunch ,evening early to home nd all weekends with me....he ill nt go out leaving me

i thank god for wonderful husband

7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Ssiri, that's a lovely story. Welcome to IndusLadies. You must be in your early twenties, but are wise beyond your years, and in a sweet way.

Wishing you a happy married life, happy 2014 and hoping to see many more posts by you here in IL.

3 people like this.
  8. ssiri

ssiri Senior IL'ite

hi

Thanks 4r ur lovely wishes.....i wish u all happy year

1 person likes this.
  9. gauridinesh

gauridinesh Platinum IL'ite

having a hobby will reallly help you - like Reading or Cooking.
    Find a new passion and invest yourself in it.

2 people like this.
  10. ssiri

ssiri Senior IL'ite

Thank u....ya recently i got my EAD....looking for job

1 person likes this.