1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Missed Opportunities

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by periamma, Dec 11, 2016.

1. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji after a long time seeing you here.Thanks for your fb.snippet queen have become craft queen isn't it viji sis?

2. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@hermitcrab Thanks for your response.Like your movie dialogue.

Vaikuntha likes this.
  3. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Periamma,
    I missed the opportunity of seeing your thoughtful mail .For the past two days there was no power.In Madras the cyclone stalled all operations.only yesterday midnight powersupply got resumed.
    In real life situations almost all miss some opportunities .Either they wantonly leave them due to family circumstances or unavoidable other events or the opportunities leave them.For ladies, specially, of those days, family was the primary concern.All other things, however financially beneficial, took a back seat.
    My mother who studied only upto 3rd standard was a genius in Maths.She solved all the algebra, calculus and trignometry problems with great ease.Her maths lab was our cow shed.After finishing all the house chores she used to take a 'maakkal( a broken kal satti piece and worked out numerous problems on the cemented shed strewn with cowdung smell. Had her talents been properly channelised she would have become another Ramanujan.Unfortunately her entire life was spent in looking after a large joint family consisting of 30 members.Everyday she used to grind 2kgs of rice and urad dal in a giant grinding stone.
    Many miss good alliances either as mismatch of horoscope or family status or financial constraints and suffer through life.
    When I was selected as probationary officer ,I was just 22 and was the only lady candidate among 50 selected throughout India.I was posted to Bombay and went to Bombay also .But my husband could not get his transfer outside Tamilnadu.After prolonged thought,I decided to come back to Chennai after 18 months on a non transferrable cadre.People who were selected with me retired as deputy Governors of RBI.
    But I see the other side.My husband was involved in a major motor bike accident and suffered cerebral haemorrage and I have written a snippet titled 'journey of mind' in Apr 2014.had I been in Bombay , or had I been in a very high post I would not have been able to take long and save my husband from the clutches of'memory loss'.That was the reward I got for 'missing the opportunity'.
    Many missed chances turn out to be blessing in disguise in later years.
    There is a saying that fortune taps at our doors only once.But how we perceive the 'tap' matters.

Wonderful snippet from the heart.
    jayasala 42

maggi32, periamma, Amica and 2 others like this.
  4. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

what an analogy HermitCrab. :thumbup:Literature and history has proved this time and again ! Loved ur FB with Deepikas dialogue and especially this one :tonguewink:

Periamma please don't mind:)

maggi32 likes this.
  5. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

@periamma, you have my deepest respect for the choices you've made. It is very hard for most of us to put aside our own desires and ambitions even for our families.

PS: May I have a key to Maggi's gold store? :innocent:

umasivasankar, momsky and jskls like this.
  6. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@jayasala42 Thanks a lot for your fb.i agree your view as some get rewards for "Missing opportunities".

There is a saying that fortune taps at our doors only once.But how we perceive the 'tap' matters.Absolute Truth

7. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Amica Thanks ma.
    Ha Ha Ha maggi has kept the key in a locker.secret code to open the locker"TINDI"
    @maggi32 sorry i have revealed the code:laughing::laughing:

8. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

sooper Periamma :roflmao:

maggi32 likes this.
  9. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

:roflmao:

maggi32 likes this.
  10. maggi32

maggi32 IL Hall of Fame

Oye move aside i say.. lets search a Platinum Store for u :)

Ammaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:fearscream::crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2:

umasivasankar and Amica like this.