1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Missed heartbeats help!

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by flowerlady, Jan 21, 2012.

1. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

My aunt has had several epoisodes of missed heartbeats , she is 56 years old, she takes medicine for high BP.
    Her ECG is abnormal and the doctor said it was due to her BP medicines. But she feels weak and tired after every incident. Is there any cure for it, is it serious?

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi flowerlady,

My FIL too suffered from it earlier. Now heart friendly BP as well Asprin medicines have come which will take care of the heart also. My FIL was hospitalised several times for missed heartbeats. Later on came to know about the heart friendly medicines and now is he absolutely normal. Anxiety also causes this sometimes. So the patient should be cool & calm.

here are some info i came across when googled for

Missed heart beat
    Missed heartbeats! - No More Panic

3. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Not sure if this will help a lot...but I remember someone mentioning that its good to have a fish tank or even a solitary fish in a fish bowl.. when heart patients see they rhytmic movements of the fish, they feel relaxed and stree free....Aquarium therapy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot for the info. My aunt had a cardiac checkup done, the Doc said that everything was normal and the episodes should be ignored.

5. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

glad to hear this. do come and share your experiences on this in future too.