Miss you lots my dear!!

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by iswaryadevi, Sep 13, 2010.

1. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

It was a warm morning. My dad had promised me something really special for my birthday. I was wondering whay my dad was going to give. I searched for dad when my mom said "He has gone out, will be back soon". I was so sure he was going to bring my gift and I was so happy. I brushed my teeth, took bath, ate, but everything was like a dream. After a very long wait my dad came back with guess what...A cute german shepard puppy. Ohhh, it was so very cute with lovely brown eyes, it looked at me playfully. My mom kept a bowl filled with milk, she might have been really hungry, she drank the entire bowl within minutes and looked at my mom as if asking for more. I hugged my dad as I could not express how much happy I was and my dad was also so happy to see me happy. We decided we had to name her. We ran through her file and found that her grand mom was named Nancy and I loved nancy drew a lot, so she was named Nancy.

I spent 24/7 with her. Believe it ot not, I was jealous of her. Till then I was the pet in my house, but suddenly she took all the credit. My dad and mom were always playing with her and I had a kind of sibling rivalry with her, or may be I should say she was the first one to develop it against me. Once my dad got a pen and he gave it to me before nancy. She was so angry that dad did not give it to her, she started barking loudly. We did not understand what was her problem initially, so we let her loose. Immediately she ran towards the table where the pen was kept, bit it with all her anger and before we could stop her, the pen was of no use. Later on that became the new game. Just to irritate her my dad will act as if he is giving me something (with empty hands) and she will be barking so much, she used to hate it.:rant

Once we went to the beach. We thought she will be very happy to play with us in the water. But not only did she refuse to go even near the sea, she also did not allow me to go. She kept on pulling my skirt, but she had no problem with dad. May be she thought dad can protect himself, but she was responsible for my life. Once she chased a calf and ran away beyond our eyesight. We thougt we lost her. I was crying so much. My dad got the car key and just when we started the car, she came back running at lightening speed. We later found that the mother cow had chased her back. :rotfl

My dad loves gardening. He once spent around 1/2 an hour work in our garden. She was watching all this. Once we cut her loose, she went straight to the place, damaged the new plant my dad had planted. But we never got angry whatever she did. Our sofa was spoiled because of her scratching all day. My shoes were all torn because she loves to lick me when I return from school. When there is no power, she will be scared and refuse to enter our house. If dad goes out of station, she knows he goes (to station) by auto. So whenever any auto crosses by our house, she will run out to see if dad has come back. I can keep going on and on.

After around 1 year, fate played a very cruel role in the form of a ball. We had gone to a dog show. There was a ball and almost all dogs there were playing with the same kind of ball. So we also happily bought one for our nancy. She was so happy to play with the ball. We can never see the ball and nancy separately. She will always be having it in her mouth. She loved it very much. Once the ball fell in the ditch next to our house. My dad felt so bad as nancy liked it a lot. You may not believe it, my dad put his hands in the ditch to retrieve it, just for nancy's happiness. Many times we thought we should never have got the ball back.

One of my worst days came very soon. She was as usual playing with the ball. She loved throwing the ball up high in the air and catching it in her mouth. That day some one came to our house. She just threw the ball up and saw him coming. She forgot about the ball and opened her mouth wide open to bark and the ball went right through her mouth into her tummy. Poor thing, I cant imagine how much she would have suffered. Immediately we took het to a private clinic. They said they do not have enough facilities and asked us to take her to a government vet hospital. In Indian government hospitals, even a human's life does not have any value, they did not consider my nancy at all. They made us wait for more than 2 hours and finally the doctor came. He could not diagnose where the ball was. So he wanted to take a scan and that BULL**** gave my nancy some liquid. The ball which was in her stomach, floated and came up, blocked her respirator tract causing her death.

My nancy did not die because of swallowing the ball, it was due to the doctor's ignorance. People who read this may not understand how I feel unless you have a pet at home. You may thing what is the big deal, after all it was a dog. But for me she was like my sister. I am the only child and I felt so happy when she came home. I still miss her very much. I love her lots and she will always live in my memories.

3 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Dear Iswarya

It was very touching to read about Nancy. Sad to know that she is no more. I can understand your feelings how much it is to miss a pet. My son has also got a dog who is very close to him and my dil.

love
    viji

3. nityakalyani

nityakalyani Gold IL'ite

Ice nice write up.this is what i have been telling my nephew - hrishi that small balls should not be given to pearly to play.pearly is our lab dog - 6 months old. i am very particular and insists that all his small to put up in the shelf. one day while we were apllying oil in our hair we forgot to put it back and loo we saw her give a bite and oil started to spill. from that day on wards we are very careful. i used to get mad when i used read that many people in abroad keeping money for their pets. now when i have a one i realise what sort of friendship can a pet shower on you. i feel sad for your pets nancy's demise. like all hospitals even in vet hospital also is same. by the way did you go to the vepery hospital. some say it is good . so far i have not tried. will it be nice for you to share a photo of nancy. it will be my pleasure.

nityakalyani

4. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello Ishwarya,

Nice to hear about Nancy, though its very sad that she is no more physically with us. Her memories will stay with you for ever. I have lost 2 dogs in my life and now I have 3 Doberman..... I think you can think of adopting one now?

Good that you have shared your story, its really an awareness to all of us here who have pets..... I think Vets should realise their role and act accordingly.

5. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Very nice write up.It is sad.I know how it is to miss a dog.My sister lost her dog last year it was almost like a family member.We still miss her.I wish creature of any form should be given importance,a life is a life.May her soul rest in peace.

6. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

My dearest Ice,

I am so sorry that you lost Nancy before her time. That is heartbreaking. I have a labrador retriever and I love her the same as my children and will give nothing short of my life to protect her just like I will my children. When I say that to my friends, some of them think that the bolts are coming off in my brain but I don't blame them.

They do not know the joy that Angel brings my life. They cannot understand the unconditional love that Angel gives me. They do not know that with just a look, she can melt my blues away. They do not know that she understands just when I am tired or have a headache and will come sit next to me to offer comfort. They do not know that she is afraid of a vacuum cleaner but will get in front of me to take on a intruder who is ten times her size. They do not know that if I ask, she will give her life without as much as a tail wag. Now why would I give anything less to her?

I lost my previous dog to cancer 9 years ago so I know your pain. When I walked around like a zombie for months after that loss, people tried to console me saying that time will lessen the pain and while I never believed it then, they are right. While it never stops hurting, it lessens considerably with time that you can live your life and recall the good memories of your life with Nancy. Thank you for sharing about Nancy here Ice. May her soul rest in peace.

7. rsk11584

rsk11584 Silver IL'ite

:cry::cry: ice sad to hear ur story you know since my childhood i lived in MS and just last yr came to chennai and till then we had own house bunglow , and it was small town , and you wont believe in my life I have petted many many dogs, all cute puppies which grow to big dangerous dogs, here are pics of some of my dogs, no vaccination nothing just street dogs but they loved me lot and i fed them just leftover rotis, rice etc.

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  8. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello rsk,

Very happy to know that you have fed so many dogs.Nice pictures.

9. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Ice,

I can understand how much you enjoyed the company of "Nancy" poor dog. Let her soul rest in peace.

As Meena said, time may not cure the pains but surely it will lessen it.

10. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

Dear iswarya
    am sorry about nancy.
    i can feel the pain dear. even our 13 year old danny died. he was like my brother. we sisters grew up playing with him. i had tears reading your post. dont worry nancy is with you.. tight hugs.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010