1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Miss Universe 2006

Discussion in 'TV' started by Maria, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Maria

Maria New IL'ite

Congratulations Zuleyka Rivera Mendoza of Puerto Rico for being crowned Miss Universe of 2006. She is 18 years old. It was a well deserved crown.
    [​IMG]
    India's Miss India Neha Kapoor was not listed any where in top 10. The ugly looking Neha Kapoor could not win any prize. She is not photogenic, no good smile, no good skin, no......nothing. The Indian judges who chose Neha Kapoor should be thrown into Pacific.

2. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

I hate to contradict.

Dear Maria

I hate to contradict you but did you see the other participants..many of them were worse than Neha.Neha may not be the best looking from India but some of the other participants from other countries were worse than her.She atleast was able to make it to the top 20.Isn't that something.

Personally,I am not at all for beauty pageants...I hate to see women degrading themselves in the name of such pageants.

3. Maria

Maria New IL'ite

Fair judgement in Miss Universe needed

Yeah, there were worse...but what I meant was that there are better girls in India. Judges need to have better judgement so that Indian beauty compete well at international levels too and not just get compared as good amongst the worst. We have such beautiful ladies with brains and beauty but somehow the judges seem to be biased. And moreover, who the judges are! Zayed Khan, Amrita Arora! What the heck they know of judging. Present Miss India contest pays more attention on TRP rating by calling celebrities rather than good judges. Miss India should focus more on woman of substance rather than the glamour judges!